All-Star Help A Uk (united Kingdom) Cheer On Top Gun Large Coed 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2010
One of my past cheerleaders from Rising Stars Midnight (UK) tried out for Top Gun Large Coed 2014-2015. He has been offered one of the places on the team to train with them over summer and be whittled down to the actual competing team in August. He is currently on Unity Allstars Black IOC6 in the UK. He moved there this past season to have a chance at placing top 5 at IASF Worlds. Even though he is not Rising Stars this season, as his old coach and someone who I spent alot of time with trying to help him achieve his goals, I would like to help him futher. It has been his dream since he first started cheer to cheer in america, particularly on Top Gun Allstars. His dream can finally come true but he needs everyone's help.

He needs to raise approx £7000, about $10,500, for return plane fares, gym fee's etc. He can only get over there on a normal travel visa, and can therefore not work whilst being over there. The whole cheer community in the UK is trying to help him, and I was hoping there might be people on fierceboard who could help too, or know people who could help.

His name is Mason Hamilton and if you follow the link below it will direct you to a fund me website where people can donate money, it can be anything small or large, every little helps.

Cheerleading Funding by Mason Hamilton - GoFundMe

Below are the different ways of contacting him if you have any idea's on how he could raise the money.

Facebook: Mason Hamilton
Twitter: @masonrhamilton
Instagram: Maserhamilton
Email: [email protected]

It would be nice at Worlds 2015 to watch Top Gun Large Coed and be proud of the athlete mason has become. Please help

I think there are several TGLC candidates who face the same financial difficulties. Finances are a component for every athlete that cheers, no matter where they are from or what gym they cheer at. Best of luck to Mason.

I think one of the main problems is that since he's coming from the UK, he'll *probably* only be getting a tourist visa which doesn't allow him to legally work in the US.

eta - just now actually saw the gofundme, thought it'd only be money for flights and not, well, everything. Also, 7000 euros is almost 10K.. this is cheerleading people. :confused:

I don't get that either...Why try out if you know you don't have the money do commit to it?
I think it does have a lot to do with wanting to be on a team so bad that you want to do anything for it. We do have a competitive IOC6 now going down to IOC5 in the country for worlds but they got 6th there are no worlds winning teams in the UK. It is difficult to get funding and I can understand why people want to help him but personally all my spare money goes on cheer and I cant spare anything

I don't think she posted this thread to get attacked, you either want to donate or you don't. If you read the post it says, his been given the opportunity to train over the summer with them doesn't mean he has to commit to a team now. I'm sure if he can't afford it, he won't.

The key thing here is firstly he can't work in the USA, secondly a flight from the UK to Miami is probably a lot more than a flight across the country.

Cheerleading isn't as big in the UK as it is in the US. UK teams are considered lucky if they have a sprung floor to practice on weekly let alone have a full facility. What a great opportunity! Good luck for everything in the future!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't think she posted this thread to get attacked, you either want to donate or you don't. If you read the post it says, his been given the opportunity to train over the summer with them doesn't mean he has to commit to a team now. I'm sure if he can't afford it, he won't.

The key thing here is firstly he can't work in the USA, secondly a flight from the UK to Miami is probably a lot more than a flight across the country.

Cheerleading isn't as big in the UK as it is in the US. UK teams are considered lucky if they have a sprung floor to practice on weekly let alone have a full facility. What a great opportunity! Good luck for everything in the future!

As far as I know there are only 4-6 gyms in the whole uk with their own facility most only get to practice a full routine of a sprung fllor once a month or less

Xavier went to smoed on only a tourist visa I'd imagine because Canadians can't just pick up and go to the states either.

Lol it boggles my mind that someone would be asking for that much money to be able to get a free ride for a year.

I would like to go to England next summer and work for a few months with a program and I'd love to go and coach while I'm there but I do not expect other people to fund me for an experience like that. I'm gonna work my behind off and do side jobs so I can save up the $ I need to go and to live lol

Xavier went to smoed on only a tourist visa I'd imagine because Canadians can't just pick up and go to the states either.

Lol it boggles my mind that someone would be asking for that much money to be able to get a free ride for a year.

I would like to go to England next summer and work for a few months with a program and I'd love to go and coach while I'm there but I do not expect other people to fund me for an experience like that. I'm gonna work my behind off and do side jobs so I can save up the $ I need to go and to live lol

He would most likely be doing side jobs but it is going to be difficult to fund that amount of money any day and im a british cheerleader I would leap at any oppuntunity but sometimes it isnt possible maybe someone from the uk cheer communtiy might support him because in the uk this is HUGE for someone to get on a team this calliber but funds are always going to be an issue

I'm guessing y'all never fundraise

There's a HUGE difference between actually going out and doing work to get money (selling things, car washes, etc) and just straight up asking people (including complete strangers) for money. Not even comparable in my opinion. I don't think anyone is attacking the OP, it's just getting this response because there was just a thread talking about how gofundme should not be used for people to fund their cheerleading season. I think it's great that he is trying to achieve his dream, he should just do it like everybody else and save up money and fundraise the proper way.

that's A LOT of money. a flight to miami is one thing... especially since the gofundme says he was in talks with victor months ago. there was no guarantee he'd make it, but he should have started saving and fundraising money when it became an option. there's still no guarantee he'll make the team after summer practices, which is why i would be weary of donating.

i am sure he is a lovely kid. i realize the amazing opportunity he is being given, but sometimes things don't work out. for his sake, i hope he is able to make the money and live out his dreams. or maybe save up for the next year and try out for an american IOC5. whats meant to be, will be.

Back