All-Star Help! Usasf Membership

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 19, 2012
My CP recently changed gyms. At her old gym, part of the $275 registration fee is the $30 USASF membership fee (have check to prove it was paid) The new gym she is at went to turn in the roster for comp this weekend...And my CP is showing she didn't pay her fees. Old gym never gave us log in info for USASF. I sent a request but who knows how long that will take. I do have her card (which her name is spelled wrong on [emoji19]) and ID number. I need to figure out if 1. Old gym really did pay fee. 2. If they did, can't it just be transferred? 3. Need this in 24hrs.

Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your gym owner/director should be able to email their USASF Regional Rep and have the athlete switched to her current gym.
unless the fee is showing unpaid.
USASF needs to stop letting gyms register athletes. It should be done by the parent (or athlete if the athlete is of legal age), and payment should come from the athlete/parent and not the gym.
In this case, you are probably going to have to register and pay the fee (and make sure USASF makes the correction on the name) and then go back to old gym and request a refund - which you may not get. Sorry :(

Your gym owner/director should be able to email their USASF Regional Rep and have the athlete switched to her current gym.

The USASF reps are SLOW at responding... At least the one in my area. If you hear back in less than 24 hours, watch out for flying pigs.

PS I realize the slow response time is because they're probably just swamped with emails... The number of reps really needs to increase.

Wow..
So I went ahead and paid. Less than 2 mins later I had an email from a rep at USASF lol. After sending her the card w the member ID and misspelling of my daughter name, she did some investigating. The old gym did pay- and my daughter has 2 accounts with the USASF because of her name misspelling. The rep was fantastic and was able to refund my payment tonight. Thought I should share a positive experience. Thank you to that hard working representative, Michelle!!

Wow..
So I went ahead and paid. Less than 2 mins later I had an email from a rep at USASF lol. After sending her the card w the member ID and misspelling of my daughter name, she did some investigating. The old gym did pay- and my daughter has 2 accounts with the USASF because of her name misspelling. The rep was fantastic and was able to refund my payment tonight. Thought I should share a positive experience. Thank you to that hard working representative, Michelle!!

I handle all of our athlete registrations at our gym and Michelle is AWESOME!

unless the fee is showing unpaid.
USASF needs to stop letting gyms register athletes. It should be done by the parent (or athlete if the athlete is of legal age), and payment should come from the athlete/parent and not the gym.
In this case, you are probably going to have to register and pay the fee (and make sure USASF makes the correction on the name) and then go back to old gym and request a refund - which you may not get. Sorry :(
Except parents don't do it and then the gym is in a bind because their rosters are incomplete come comp day.

The first gym my daughter was at collected the USASF registration fee from us each year. When we switched to a different gym we found our not only was it not required at that point...but that the gym had never actually registered her any of the years they collected money. Glad yours had a better ending

Back