OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you have oily skin you'll need a reealllly good setting powder. It's hydrating since there is coconut water in it so if you're dry to combo it will be great! If you're more oily I believe the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation is cruelty free and great for oily skin.
I'm dry except for my t zone so that should be fine. I've tried the Tarte foundation and hated it. It flaked off in patches throughout the day.

If anyone is looking for a last minute stocking stuffer(or something for yourself) I just got this at Ulta and I'm amazed. Both products are full size and each are $18 by themselves but this is only $10! Just thought I would share. I love their glosses, the blush is a smidgen too sparkly for me but still, an amazing deal even for just the gloss.
7d418652346964ec5621e0a5d6794058.jpg
One of my all stars got this for me. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have oily skin you'll need a reealllly good setting powder. It's hydrating since there is coconut water in it so if you're dry to combo it will be great! If you're more oily I believe the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation is cruelty free and great for oily skin.
I was just coming here to see if anyone had the BTW foundation for dry skin, thanks!

Anyone use the Becca Backlighting Primer? I need a good primer that will help me not be dry and flakey looking and I know that one should be good for making skin look dewy.

So turns out the bff surprised me with the Lorac Contour palette for christmas! Cant wait to test it tomorrow, but now i'll have to find something else to trade one of the two Naked Smokey's I got for christmas with.

Just sharing that I am OBSESSED with Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Water. I had a moment while buying it like, "am I being scammed and really paying this much for glorified water?" but it's awesome! I've always found traditional primers to be too thick for my liking and this is thin and I am using it as a primer and setting spray and my makeup looks on point today; nice dewy finish. Disclaimer that I use Dior AirFlash foundation, so it's very light and thin - if you're using a thicker/heavier foundation I could see this being a problem.

but Sephora currently has it as a deluxe sample if you want to try it.

I've been using Nars Radiance Tinted Moisturizer with the Nars Radiance Concealer and it is hands down the best foundation routine I've ever had. I don't think I'll ever try anything else ever again. My skin looks flawless without looking cakey or too light of a coverage.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good self tanner? I used to go tanning( I know it's awful, but I stopped!) because I hate how I look when I'm pale( I'm German, Dutch, and Swedish so I'm very fair with pink undertones) like I look sick when I'm pale. I want one that gives me a decent amount of color and fades without being weird and patchy!

A few I've looked at are St Tropez and Fake Bake Flawless but it's always hard to tell if reviews are honest or sponsored so if anyone has a favorite or some tips let me know! Thanks:)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good self tanner? I used to go tanning( I know it's awful, but I stopped!) because I hate how I look when I'm pale( I'm German, Dutch, and Swedish so I'm very fair with pink undertones) like I look sick when I'm pale. I want one that gives me a decent amount of color and fades without being weird and patchy!

A few I've looked at are St Tropez and Fake Bake Flawless but it's always hard to tell if reviews are honest or sponsored so if anyone has a favorite or some tips let me know! Thanks:)
I love Fake Bake Flawless! I got it on recs from fierce boarders, I wanna say Just A Mom (idk if her name has hyphens or spaces or what and I'm on my phone) and @SmileyRyleigh recommended it? But I've always gotten even color from it! I like the one that comes with the mitt but in a spray bottle (not an aerosol can). I have used the aerosol can as well and they work the same its just easier IMO to use the mitt if you're doing it on yourself!

If you can get it St Moritz is AMAZING!! As is coco brown!xo

Double post, sorry! But has anyone tried Xen-Tan? I've seen that one pop up a lot in recommendations for fake tan too.

I tried 2 new products (for me) in the last week, and I love them both.

I got the Tartiest Lip Paint...super creamy, matte and stays all day. 3 things I love in a lipstick.

I also just got the Lancome Miracle Cushion foundation. While I know this isn't new, it's new for me. So light but still really good coverage. It finishes with a dewy look, so I added powder cause I prefer a matte finish. Lasted all day. I'm in love.

Not makeup, but any recommendations for a wave enhancing cream? It can be high end, but not super high end

I've been using a lot of new stuff lately soooo
1. Best combo: Nars Radiance Tinted Moisturizer and Concealer. My skin has never looked better and I've tried sooooo many foundations. It's so nice to wear something light and pretty and still get a decent coverage.
2. Nars Audacious Mascara is everything. I have super short lashes and this makes them look fake almost. I don't ever buy high end mascaras because I go through them so fast, but this one is definitely the exception.
3. Urban Decay has their Body Beauty Balm and their Bronzing Beauty Balm on sale on their website for $10!!!!! These are awesome and I'm just really excited about it. I may or may not have gotten 4 to stock up lol
4. Urban Decay Revolution Glosses are my new fav. Super pigmented and easy to wear. I have a few shades and just can't get over how perfect they all are

I have fallen in love with make up forever eye shadows! I bought 2 and they are so easy to work with with great pigment. As they are so expensive I only going to buy more unique colours and then blend them with my naked palette.

Latest posts

Back