OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Just got $82 worth of Lorac makeup for $20 ($27 with shipping) on Hautelook!!! I got the Cococin Cream Compact, the Lips With Benefits lipgloss in "Nick", and the Ooh La Lace Eyeshadow Palette!

I've been wanting the eyeshadow palette for a while now, and I like the lorac lipgloss I have right now, so I'm excited! I'm hoping the cream foundation will be as good as Urban Decay's Surreal Skin foundation. I'm skeptical with buying new face makeup, especially buying it online, but it was only $5 so I don't have much to lose hahaha.

Me: "Hm... What is hautelook? I'll just go Google that real quick... What? What magical land is this? When do I get paid again....?"

My next 10 paychecks: "Noooooooooo! ...... help........"

Me: "Hm... What is hautelook? I'll just go Google that real quick... What? What magical land is this? When do I get paid again....?"

Hahahahahahahahhahah!! I've known about Hautelook for like a month and when I discovered it I was in awe. Soooooo amazing!!!! So hard to resist buying everything when it's like 75% off!

Omg you have no idea. I looooooove Hautelook. It is my addiction. Such cute clothes and great makeup, and when there are blowouts, my entire paycheck is like gone. In July I bought a designer denim jacket that was normally $185 and I got it for $20!!!!!
I just ordered a necklace from there. And I just got a dress and a skirt from there. Don't download the app. Or you will have a serious problem like I do.

Hahahahahahahahhahah!! I've known about Hautelook for like a month and when I discovered it I was in awe. Soooooo amazing!!!! So hard to resist buying everything when it's like 75% off!
Omg you have no idea. I looooooove Hautelook. It is my addiction. Such cute clothes and great makeup, and when there are blowouts, my entire paycheck is like gone. In July I bought a designer denim jacket that was normally $185 and I got it for $20!!!!!
I just ordered a necklace from there. And I just got a dress and a skirt from there. Don't download the app. Or you will have a serious problem like I do.

Well my sister is obsessed with lorac, so I'm trying to get her to look at it right now. She's freaking out because it wants her email address. And I'm like:

o______o

She wants to know if there's a catch - like does she have to join some monthly thing or anything?

Well my sister is obsessed with lorac, so I'm trying to get her to look at it right now. She's freaking out because it wants her email address. And I'm like:

o______o

She wants to know if there's a catch - like does she have to join some monthly thing or anything?
Nope! You just have to create an account to look at the deals and buy stuff. I've never been charged a monthly fee or anything.

o______o

They send you one email every weekday, but that's it. There's no fees or anything. It's seriously dangerous (in the best way possible).

o______o

I haven't had any problems! Just an email every week or so.

Just got $82 worth of Lorac makeup for $20 ($27 with shipping) on Hautelook!!! I got the Cococin Cream Compact, the Lips With Benefits lipgloss in "Nick", and the Ooh La Lace Eyeshadow Palette!

I've been wanting the eyeshadow palette for a while now, and I like the lorac lipgloss I have right now, so I'm excited! I'm hoping the cream foundation will be as good as Urban Decay's Surreal Skin foundation. I'm skeptical with buying new face makeup, especially buying it online, but it was only $5 so I don't have much to lose hahaha.
And there goes my paycheck... Thank goodness for just being hired into my field to make real money so I can spend it on things like this.

And there goes my paycheck... Thank goodness for just being hired into my field to make real money so I can spend it on things like this.
Same!! I was going to use this money for groceries, but who needs food when you can have new makeup, right?!
Reminds me of a SATC quote: "When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more." Hahaha

I know this kind of isn't the purpose or the point of this thread, but I hate when people complain about the price of high-end makeup. Like it's high end for a reason. You'd be surprised how different my face looks with my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation vs my Revlon photoready. With the Tarte, my forehead looks flawless. I'm not even joking. And my skin is super red and blemished. Also, my Urban Decay powder vs Physician's Choice. If my face still doesn't look oily after PE (after the sweat dries anyway) with one, but if my face is oily before PE (my PE is 2nd hour) with the other, you best believe I'm getting the first one

I know this kind of isn't the purpose or the point of this thread, but I hate when people complain about the price of high-end makeup. Like it's high end for a reason. You'd be surprised how different my face looks with my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation vs my Revlon photoready. With the Tarte, my forehead looks flawless. I'm not even joking. And my skin is super red and blemished. Also, my Urban Decay powder vs Physician's Choice. If my face still doesn't look oily after PE (after the sweat dries anyway) with one, but if my face is oily before PE (my PE is 2nd hour) with the other, you best believe I'm getting the first one
I totally get what your saying about high end =$$$. Hope this is not too personal do you pay for your makeup?

I totally get what your saying about high end =$$$. Hope this is not too personal do you pay for your makeup?
It's not! You're good! It depends on the situation. I buy a majority of it, especially the high end stuff. If I just ran out of foundation and we happen to be at Ulta (until next month, the closest is 55 minutes away), then I will ask my mom to buy it. And if she says no, then I use whatever I have until I can get it somehow. It's not something I like to force on someone else, because some stuff is so expensive.

It's not! You're good! It depends on the situation. I buy a majority of it, especially the high end stuff. If I just ran out of foundation and we happen to be at Ulta (until next month, the closest is 55 minutes away), then I will ask my mom to buy it. And if she says no, then I use whatever I have until I can get it somehow. It's not something I like to force on someone else, because some stuff is so expensive.
well that's awesome that you pay for most of it. And okay good I didn't want to offend you or anything.

Latest posts

Back