OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ew ew ew eeeeeewwwwww!

I bought Idp a sparkly Caboodles train case for her dance makeup from ulta. Opened it up tonight to fill it up... And it is FULL. OF. MOLD.

Fuzzy, green mold. Everywhere inside.

I'm so completely grossed out. And I reeeeeeally don't have time to take it back, but I have no choice. So now this moldy thing is in my foyer. (I'm sure the store will be no more excited about having it around than I am...)

God I hope they'll exchange it. [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

Ok I did some damage at Ulta today heres what I bought -

It cosmetics anti aging concealer
It cosmetics celebration foundation powder
It cosmetics live beautifully powder brush #225
Matrix Biolage color last shampoo and conditioner (on sale right now for $15 ea.!!)
Smashbox always sharp khol liner in raven
Smashbox color adjusting primer
Smashbox full exposure palette (SO beautiful!)
Benefit coralista blush

I don't know how I feel about the BM routine. I tried the original blend yesterday and it was to "shiny", today I used the matte blend and it was better with my oily skin but I'm still having a pore issue and it feels like it comes off on everything.
I may go to the Mac Studio Fix...I love the coverage it appears to give on Youtube. My dh is laughing because I went from no makeup to having a "routine" that includes bronzer of all things (that is a learning curve I'm still working on...today I put to much bronzer on and have dark patches I HATE!).
I did have a ticker tape moment last night...I figured out how to use scotch tape for my eye makeup. This was huge.

I don't know how I feel about the BM routine. I tried the original blend yesterday and it was to "shiny", today I used the matte blend and it was better with my oily skin but I'm still having a pore issue and it feels like it comes off on everything.
I may go to the Mac Studio Fix...I love the coverage it appears to give on Youtube. My dh is laughing because I went from no makeup to having a "routine" that includes bronzer of all things (that is a learning curve I'm still working on...today I put to much bronzer on and have dark patches I HATE!).
I did have a ticker tape moment last night...I figured out how to use scotch tape for my eye makeup. This was huge.
I used to wear BM in matte but I didn't like it. I still used it because I paid for it but I used it to set my liquid foundations. I also have not got the whole contouring. I just don't like it on me. I do like to put some bronzer on my checks.

I used to wear BM in matte but I didn't like it. I still used it because I paid for it but I used it to set my liquid foundations. I also have not got the whole contouring. I just don't like it on me. I do like to put some bronzer on my checks.

The original made my T-zone very shiny due to it being "luminescent". I wonder if Ulta would take it back and I could trade it for the Stila pallette I have been coveting since this weekend ("Into the Lights").

The original made my T-zone very shiny due to it being "luminescent". I wonder if Ulta would take it back and I could trade it for the Stila pallette I have been coveting since this weekend ("Into the Lights").
I had the original too then switched to the matte. But both still made me oily. It wouldn't hurt to try. I think that both Ulta and Saphora take returns.

Anything within 60 days with a receipt(or if you're a rewards member they can return it without one) with at least 75% of the product they'll take back for a refund!

I use smashbox BB cream with BM matte foundation as my setting powder. I don't have an issue with it sliding of falling off. I also use UD setting spray, so that may be why.

Love those stila palettes! I wanted the purple one so badly, but when I finally got to ulta to buy it they were out. I stood right in the store and ordered it on Amazon. It's funny how badly we can want something like makeup. Like I really couldn't have just waited a few days, or gone to a different store?

Definitely take the bm back if it's not working for you!

Anyone try the Nars Illuminator? I swatched it when I was in Saks today and thought it was beautiful. Is it worth the price?

I use the orgasm illuminator over orgasm blush when going out at night. Way too dark for my ghost skin any other time of the day. Honestly, I prefer the Sonia Kashuk illuminator stick from Target for the lighter colors. Half the price and it stays on way better because it's a cream stick rather than a liquid. The nars bottle is just TOO much product. I've had it for about a year and am maybe halfway through it, and feel like I should throw it out at this point.

Can anyone with a naked3 tell me if their mirror part lies flat to a surface? I just got it and it seems like it could snap at any second. My naked2 mirror props itself up but the naked3 lies flat with my vanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lies flat. It's brand new - I've not even used it yet.

Can anyone with a naked3 tell me if their mirror part lies flat to a surface? I just got it and it seems like it could snap at any second. My naked2 mirror props itself up but the naked3 lies flat with my vanity.

Mine is the same as my Naked2 mirror. Flat to a surface.

Does yours feel I guess loose when you open it? Like the plastic? I feel like the lid is gonna brake off.

Hm... Not sure. I don't have any other naked palettes to compare it to, but it does feel like it needs to be opened with great care. But I'm obsessed with it, so I open it like it's made of Waterford crystal anyway lol. Definitely doesn't seem to be made from the toughest materials.

Does yours feel I guess loose when you open it? Like the plastic? I feel like the lid is gonna brake off.

Hm... Not sure. I don't have any other naked palettes to compare it to, but it does feel like it needs to be opened with great care. But I'm obsessed with it, so I open it like it's made of Waterford crystal anyway lol. Definitely doesn't seem to be made from the toughest materials.
I have been using mine for a few weeks and no issues so far. The case does not seem as tough as the 2 but so far so good.

Latest posts

Back