OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I am pretty sure they do - I've only worked for Lord & Taylor (before Macy's bought them), Nordstrom, and Dillards. Truthfully my discounts were good, but nothing beat all the free product I got from the vendors. I don't know why Bloomingdales won't hire me, but they are on my nerves.

Sigh... I miss it, but right now I'm getting free dance for my daughter, which is saving me $490/month, so I guess I can buy my own make-up full price!

Got my elf brow thing last night - trying it out today!
Did you like the brow thing?!

OK... I figured only you guys would understand this. I added the elf eyebrow thing to one of my make-up pouches in my purse (yes, "one of"), and decided it was time to clean out my purse because it's super heavy and the tiny eyebrow thing barely fit.

This is what was in my purse:

2whnwbc.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

No wonder my shoulder hurts from carrying it. What in the world... I think I have a problem. I don't use 1/10 of this on my face every day. But I'm carrying it in case of what? An emergency drag queen show?

OK... I figured only you guys would understand this. I added the elf eyebrow thing to one of my make-up pouches in my purse (yes, "one of"), and decided it was time to clean out my purse because it's super heavy and the tiny eyebrow thing barely fit.

This is what was in my purse:

2whnwbc.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

No wonder my shoulder hurts from carrying it. What in the world... I think I have a problem. I don't use 1/10 of this on my face every day. But I'm carrying it in case of what? An emergency drag queen show?
And I thought my bag was bad because I had 6 lipsticks in it. 3 of which are of the same shade. Just in case.

And I thought my bag was bad because I had 6 lipsticks in it. 3 of which are of the same shade. Just in case.

Lol 2 of these are the exact same color - well really about 6 of them, but they're different brands so it doesn't count, because obviously they're different. :D

Just ordered Naked 3, the eye shadow primer and that mudglo stuff everyone has been raving about. Can't wait to get it.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this buttttt...

So my face broke out like 2 days ago. My entire face is filled with redness and bumps and pimples etc. I wouldn't be concerned about it if it wasn't completely out of the ordinary! I have had very clear skin my entire life, maybe one or two little zits after I get my eyebrows done or something.
I have thought about everything that could have created this problem (i.e. i didnt make any changes in my face washing/makeup/laundry detergent/eating habits/stress/sleep schedule at all) and I don't know what to do about it! In fact, like two weeks ago my skin was better than ever- so I just can't put a finger on how this happened, or why it happened so fast.

I use Philosophy Purity face wash every night before bed and that's it. I was wondering if I should try a facemask, treatment, or something, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe I should make a dermatologist appt? I have never been to a dermatologist, so I'm not even sure if that's a good place to start lol.

What's a Birchbox? Is it like ipsy? Do I need it?

*disregard the previously posted photo when deciding if I need a Birchbox please :oops:
It is like ipsy! Subscription box, $10 a month, 4-5 delux or full size beauty products! This month they gave out beauty blenders in some of them and that why I really signed up lol but I didn't get one :(

So my face broke out like 2 days ago. My entire face is filled with redness and bumps and pimples etc. I wouldn't be concerned about it if it wasn't completely out of the ordinary! I have had very clear skin my entire life, maybe one or two little zits after I get my eyebrows done or something.
I have thought about everything that could have created this problem (i.e. i didnt make any changes in my face washing/makeup/laundry detergent/eating habits/stress/sleep schedule at all) and I don't know what to do about it! In fact, like two weeks ago my skin was better than ever- so I just can't put a finger on how this happened, or why it happened so fast.

I use Philosophy Purity face wash every night before bed and that's it. I was wondering if I should try a facemask, treatment, or something, and if so, does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe I should make a dermatologist appt? I have never been to a dermatologist, so I'm not even sure if that's a good place to start lol.

dont know if you've tried these products before, but ive had great results with em so... Biore deep pore charcoal cleanser has worked great for my breakouts, ive also used the freeman charcoal scrub once a week (dont really know if its been effective, but freeman's makes great face masks in general) for a regular face wash ive always loved the neutrogena wave sonic cleanser, or acnefree products.

Murad. I absolutely love their stuff - not cheap, but I love love love it. That, and believe it or not, estee lauder makes really good breakout stuff.

And Origins. Their masks are awesome, and their spot treatment is the best I've used. If you live near somewhere that sells origins, I'd try that. Especially if you want to keep using your Philosophy.

Kind of personal but whatever lol.

Sometimes right before my period I'll break out. I'm like you and never have problem skin. But probably like twice a year I'll get tiny pimples on my forehead right before I start. They go away in a couple days. Could be why!

Ok you all convinced me on the glam glow super mud. There are three kinds...which should I get?

Edited: Or should I just get all three in a sample kit from Amazon?

Last edited:
dont know if you've tried these products before, but ive had great results with em so... Biore deep pore charcoal cleanser has worked great for my breakouts, ive also used the freeman charcoal scrub once a week (dont really know if its been effective, but freeman's makes great face masks in general) for a regular face wash
Murad. I absolutely love their stuff - not cheap, but I love love love it. That, and believe it or not, estee lauder makes really good breakout stuff.

And Origins. Their masks are awesome, and their spot treatment is the best I've used. If you live near somewhere that sells origins, I'd try that. Especially if you want to keep using your Philosophy.

ive always loved the neutrogena wave sonic cleanser, or acnefree products.
Kind of personal but whatever lol.

Sometimes right before my period I'll break out. I'm like you and never have problem skin. But probably like twice a year I'll get tiny pimples on my forehead right before I start. They go away in a couple days. Could be why!
Thanks guys!!!! I'm definitely going to look into some of these :)

Back