Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all star or high school?

• allstar

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • highschool

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
I've done both and it really is just whatever interests you best. I like all star because it is more competitive and the best on the team are show cased as opposed to having just the seniors and their favorite on the team always being in the front, regardless of skill. ;)

hey guys, I was on all-star cheer when i was younger and then i did gymnastics and this year i did high school cheer, but next year i really want to do all-star cheer. i don't know if it is worth leaving my friends from school my senior year for all-star cheer which i really would like to do. is it worth the cost also..? (i have my full so i would most likely be level 5 also). HELP!
Hey girl, I have been cheering since I was little too and I get the decision that you are making is hard. Is there anyway that you could do both so you could still stay involved with school cheer. Right now I am a coach back home, and I have several girls that are on all-star, and also cheer at middle school and high school levels! always here to talk!

i do both and i love high school but its nothing compared to all stars .. all stars will be my true love for ever <3 im not saying high school is bad or anything im just saying all stars it a WHOLE new world

the illinois high school association says your high school team will get disqualified if a team member is also competing all stars, personally i think it is dumb but i guess both take a lot of time

I've never gotten to do all-stars but finally my senior year i'm able to! I've had one practice & i'm in love!
I also do high school & I can't wait for that to start either.. Honestly, if I didn't at least try out for school I would of hated my self for it & I would of had to be at school every Friday and see the team all dressed up & Being a senior cheerleader is amazing & a TON of fun at my school (free chickfila breakfast on game days, senior night, homecoming week, the varsity football games, ect.) So i'm soooo grateful that I'm able to do both!! Good luck on your decision & I hope you have a great senior year!!

High school cheer is a good thing to do, to stay involved with your school. But IMO, allstar cheer is more fun and competitive. HS cheerleading is not as popular as it was when i was in school. Allstar grew so fast and became so popular, eveyone was doing it. I think its a great way for kids who go to different schools, or live in different cities, to become friends with people outside of their hometown.

Do both! I did both in high school and coached High School before I moved into coaching All-star. I love the traditions of High School cheer...the pep rallies, wearing uniform to school, sideline cheers, HOMECOMING!! All-Star cheer is great because its a bit more fast paced, more competitions, opportunity to make friends from other schools, and lots of difficulty!

I personally liked Cheering All-Star better, but I do miss coaching High School now that I only coach All-Stars!

deffinitly all star you get to make new friends that have the same passion as you and travel lots of places. All star cheering is a whole new world and worth it!

well i do high school and I'm trying to get into all-star by doing tumbling classes but i would definitely say all-star would be better because they focus mainly on competitions and not on learning cheers for games.

Football Season is the best during high school if you choose to do HS, but I'll take All Star Cheer over Sidelines anyday!

Back