High School Vs. All-stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2011
I'm doing a speech for my communications class (informative speech) and I figured what better to inform my class about than cheerleading!

I simply want to know what people's thoughts are on high school vs. all-star cheer. Which one do you like better? Have you done both? What are some similarities and differences? etc.

This is NOT meant to bash either high school or all-star cheerleading. I'm simply looking for some experiences from cheerleaders who have done one or the other or both to incorporate into my speech.

Thanks a ton! :)

I've been an allstar cheerleader my whole life, going on 9 years. This past year was my freshman year, and I decided to try out for my high school team, not knowing what it would be like, because I had never cheered for a 'sideline cheering' type team or popwarner or anything. I made the team. I would call it...I don't know, much slower than allstar cheerleading. Being raised as an allstar cheerleader I'm used to loud pumping music and sweaty practices. This was kinda boring to me; standing at football games and cheering for hours (more so because our football team sucked...) and then basketball games three times a week with tourneys on the weekend...it was way too time consuming. This year I'm not cheering for my high school and it's been awesome. It's easier to keep my grades up because I'm not sitting up till 2am studying after a game. I actually kinda have a life now. I guess high school cheerleading is just much slower pace than allstar.

Ive done both! highschool (3varsity seasons) and 6 years of allstar! i definetly prefer all star to highschool because the comps are so much bigger and better than hs. Allstar is so much more fun!

We don't cheer at games except for one for the whole year and we mostly focus on competitions and it's a lot like allstars for the school I cheer for

I'm just a highschool cheerleader , but we have to do routines for half-times and pep rallies. The routines are a lot like an Allstar team's routine would be and the level of stunt difficulty is about the same. We compete in smaller competitions , but they mean the world to us! The farthest you can go is Nationals in Vegas, because its a dance and cheer competition.

Allstar is a million times better than highschool, in my opinion. It's more fun and I love it. They are very different though, so everyone has a different opinion. But allstar is definateley harder and the difficulty level is way up. And I hate hard floors that highschool uses. Spring floors are whats up.

in my opinion i really seem to enjoy Allstars more! I'm currently on my first year of high school cheerleading instead of all-star but my heart still belongs to allstars!

Back