All-Star Houston Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 9, 2010
Hey guys :) I'm moving to Houston for college in a few weeks and I'm looking for somewhere to possibly take some tumbling classes. I know there's a lot of gyms in Houston but I'm not bringing a car so I'm trying to find somewhere close to my school. Does anyone know any gyms that are reasonable bus/bike distance from Rice University?

Houston Gymnastics Academy! Its about 6 miles from Rice and Kevin Mazieka coaches there! I know that most of the really well known cheer gyms will be to far from Rice to ride your bike or to take the bus! Goodluck!

If you can find any sort of carpool, I totally recommend Prodigy Allstars in Cypress. Amazing gym, so much space. Tye Hill is also there, awesome tumbling coach. Also, it's attached to Cypress Academy where Olympic gymnasts Jonathan Horton and Chris Brooks train. I tumbled there recently and it's honestly among the nicest gyms I've ever been in.

Houston is HUGE and the gyms are really spread out. I agree about HGA probably being the closest facility, even though it's not a cheer gym. All the major cheer gyms are probably at least a 30 minute drive, biking is not an option.

HGA has open gyms for tumbling and free motion but no set tumbling classes for adults. Houston gymnastics center does though once or twice a week. Other than that there are not a lot of gyms that have tumbling classes for adults

Back