How Far Do You/would You Drive To Your Gym??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It takes 45 minutes - an hour to get to my gym. The farthest I would probably go would be 1 and a half hours away. Depending which city..

i currently drive 45 mins to my gym, mostly thruway. and next season i am going to be driving and hour to an hour and a a half. if the gym is good and competitive, then i think the drive is well worth it.

I think a lot of it depends on the area you are in and the landscape of the cheer industry there. Where I'm from, there are so many gyms in such a concentrated area, there is probably no need to drive more than 20-30 minutes to find a gym you like that offers what you need.

That said, I have some friends/know of some people who drove over an hour to get to their gyms. As a coach I personally wouldn't drive more than 30ish minutes to a gym, but once I have kids of my own maybe that will change :) but hey, by then I hope I'll be running my own program so driving far won't be much of an issue!

I drive 45 min to an hour to get my daughter to practice...it is very worth the drive! She loves her team, coaches and gym...I also drive past several gyms enroute, but feel we make sacrifices for the best!

I drive for around half an hour, but it's the only one within around 1.5 hours away so I guess I'm quite lucky :)

My gym is forty minutes away with no traffic, fifty to an hour with traffic. If you think anything more than three hours is extreme, Matt Smith on CA Cheetahs doesn't even live in the state of Texas! He lives in Arkansas!

It takes us between 35 minutes to over an hour, depending on traffic. There are 6 other gyms closer and we actually drive past two on the way there! She loves her gym and the coaches so it's totally worth it!

Flying to practice now that is where i draw the line, that is super extreme, yes you want to win, but i dont want to lose my sanity in the process

Bringing sanity into the discussion is just going too far!!

:D

I drive roughly 45 minutes to my gym, and with traffic it's easily an hour. I have several other gyms much closer, but LOVE being a PCT Cobra! Totally worth it.

i drive an hour to practice everyday. its a fortune in gas but i love my gym so much and its so worth it!

Fortunately I have an INCREDIBLE gym just minutes away....so 10 minutes TOPS!!! And my daughter also plays club soccer so driving HRS to an out of town gym would NEVER be an option. But to each there own. :)

I'm really just curious how far you drive to take your CP (or yourself) to practice? Or how far would you drive to get to the best gym around? I, of course, want to send my CP to the best gym in our area, but that particular gym is a 40 minute drive away, and we literally pass 2 other gyms to get to it. I'm totally willing to do it (even though gas costs a fortune! ugh!), but I'm wondering if thats normal, or kind of extreme??
God day cheer divas, It depends on the quality of gyms in my area, my time and most important my money. I've driven as far as 90mi one way.

Latest posts

Back