How Long Are Your Practices And How Often?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
How long are your practices in the summer? And do they change in the fall or towards competing season? What days do you practice?
My practices are usually two hours long, unless it's really hot out then it's only an hour and a half. Later in the fall it changes to an 1 hour and a half, unless we're competing that weekend. We practice 2x a Week in the summer and 3x on competition weeks! What about you guys?

CP practices 2x a week for two hours each. Once school starts, they will practice once for 2 hours and once for 3 hours. An extra practice is usually added for the two weeks prior to a comp.

Cp practices twice a week and two hours long. Usually closer to competition they add an extra day

In the summer we are 5 days a week for 2hrs a day the first week of conditioning then 3x a week for 2 hrs till school starts, then 2x a week 2hrs a practice until comp weeks where we may throw in an extra practice or two.

-in the summer before choreography camp, we're 2 days a week including 1 tumbling class (1hour long), and 2 team practices, each 1 hour & 30 minutes.
-in the fall/winter/spring, we have 3 days a week including the tumbling (1 hour long), and 2 routine practices (each 2 hours long).
-The week of, 2-3, or even sometimes 4 weeks before a competition, we have added practices. These are normally 2-3 hours long and on days we aren't already scheduled to practice.
-The day before a competition (or two days before if it's an overnighter), we have what we call 'gym practices'. This is where all teams in the gym come to one 3-4 hour session and we kind of showcase what to expect at the competition. The parents are welcome to watch and it's kind of like performing for an audience. :)

-in the summer before choreography camp, we're 2 days a week including 1 tumbling class (1hour long), and 2 team practices, each 1 hour & 30 minutes.
-in the fall/winter/spring, we have 3 days a week including the tumbling (1 hour long), and 2 routine practices (each 2 hours long).
-The week of, 2-3, or even sometimes 4 weeks before a competition, we have added practices. These are normally 2-3 hours long and on days we aren't already scheduled to practice.
-The day before a competition (or two days before if it's an overnighter), we have what we call 'gym practices'. This is where all teams in the gym come to one 3-4 hour session and we kind of showcase what to expect at the competition. The parents are welcome to watch and it's kind of like performing for an audience. :)
Oh you guys do showcases? I wish we did show cases :( We just go full out....a million times :p

I mean it's really just for the parents and the new kids so they know what to expect. We do actual exhibitions with Odyssey Athletics at the beginning of the season though!
Nice!!! I like how some teams have showcases before worlds. I went to one to watch and there were 4 Cheer Teams that compete at worlds, and 2 dance teams! It was pretty spectacular!!

Back