All-Star How Long Have You Been On The Boards??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lurked for most of the 10-11 season and joined in March 2012 right before Worlds. Time flies!

Did something crazy happen? Besides the ProX boards being taken down?

I was definitely part of the madness but I don't remember it all because it was sort of a long time ago. The ProX boards had "titles" like the fierceboard does (the phrases under your name), but they were based on post count rather than shimmy count. Most of the moderators were out of town for memorial day weekend so there was no one around to monitor things. Everyone started posting over and over and over trying to get their post count up to get new titles. I think it ended up crashing the boards. When the moderators came back, they had to delete a bunch of the posts (99% of them were senseless) to try to clean things up. But, when they did that, it bumped peoples' post counts down so their new titles were gone. People were throwing tantrums right and left because of it, and I think the mods were being attacked and were upset about it (rightfully so- they didn't get paid for that and they had to put in a LOT of effort to clean up the mess). There might be more to it that I don't recall, but that's the general story.

I have been on the boards for about as long as this thread has been around. I joined July 2011 and this thread was created in August of 2011. Can't believe it's been 4 years! That makes it 1000 shimmies per year. Although I'm pretty sure about half of those came from when the cheer world thought it was dying. Aka the year the usasf introduced all the new rules. Those threads were crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have been on the board for just a few months after 10yrs in allstar cheer and now by CPs arent cheering - lol
In the absence of your CP cheering you are more than welcome to help sponsor Chee Son. No gofundme required as all cash and personal checks are accepted

**Welcome to Fierce Board, where we all enjoy ADHD just a....LOOK SQUIRREL***

I was definitely part of the madness but I don't remember it all because it was sort of a long time ago. The ProX boards had "titles" like the fierceboard does (the phrases under your name), but they were based on post count rather than shimmy count. Most of the moderators were out of town for memorial day weekend so there was no one around to monitor things. Everyone started posting over and over and over trying to get their post count up to get new titles. I think it ended up crashing the boards. When the moderators came back, they had to delete a bunch of the posts (99% of them were senseless) to try to clean things up. But, when they did that, it bumped peoples' post counts down so their new titles were gone. People were throwing tantrums right and left because of it, and I think the mods were being attacked and were upset about it (rightfully so- they didn't get paid for that and they had to put in a LOT of effort to clean up the mess). There might be more to it that I don't recall, but that's the general story.
Something about that posting frenzy just cracks me up. All I can envision a bunch of adults sitting in front of a computer, Red Bull by their side, frantically typing away.

That was basically it! The moderators were actually all out of town together. I got a call from one of the moderators that I needed to get on the boards quick because all H*** was breaking loose. They were having fun with it for awhile, changing the title names to different stuff as the people got more posts all all. Then the boards crashed and they had to individually start deleting posts to get it back up. Posters were accusing the moderators of favoritism, only deleting certain posts, intentionally crashing the boards blah, blah, blah (at that time the board was heavily divided with groups of posters that REALLY disliked each other). I can't remember if it was then or right after but the ProX "powers that be" gave up on hosting the board and shut it down. A week or so later "Imiss" came and then of course Fierce.

Biggest difference between the board then and the board now is the parent-athlete relationships. Many of the kids on the board back then thought the parents had no right to on there or to even voice an opinion. You think fights are big deal now? You should have seen it then.

That was basically it! The moderators were actually all out of town together. I got a call from one of the moderators that I needed to get on the boards quick because all H*** was breaking loose. They were having fun with it for awhile, changing the title names to different stuff as the people got more posts all all. Then the boards crashed and they had to individually start deleting posts to get it back up. Posters were accusing the moderators of favoritism, only deleting certain posts, intentionally crashing the boards blah, blah, blah (at that time the board was heavily divided with groups of posters that REALLY disliked each other). I can't remember if it was then or right after but the ProX "powers that be" gave up on hosting the board and shut it down. A week or so later "Imiss" came and then of course Fierce.

Biggest difference between the board then and the board now is the parent-athlete relationships. Many of the kids on the board back then thought the parents had no right to on there or to even voice an opinion. You think fights are big deal now? You should have seen it then.

The boards now are also a great resource for everyone. Fans, coaches, parents, industry leaders, etc. I think that's my favorite part of what this board has evolved into. It's a lot less gossip driven.

Sounds like the Warriors movie. Fierceboard is Cyrus.

All these years and still no F5 Jason story :(
What F5 Jason story?

Last edited:
I joined in 2012 right around this time. A Search for Famous closing on Google got me here and I have never looked back. Still feel like a newbie at times

Back