All-Star How To Deal With A Teammate Who Strongly Dislikes Me?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2012
I always thought she had a distaste for me, but I didn't think much of it, until yesterday. Every time the coaches, someone in our stunt group etc. said that something was off or that something was messy she pointed at me. I pretended to not notice every single time. She would also whisper things like "I told you!" to other people in the stunt group. She was also telling this other girl while we were sitting down, "I hurt my wrist from..." *looks directly at me*. I look back at her, and she avoids eye contact. I say, "You know I can totally see you, right?" She replies "What?" terrified multiple times. I understand that I do make mistakes, and I will own up to anything that may even just possibly be my mistake. I listen to any criticism that anyone on the team has to offer for my performance and I am perfectly fine with that. I want her to stop all this blaming silly-ness and actually be productive. It is important that we get along to a certain degree since she is the other base in this stunt group.

So anyway, I Facebook messaged her last night saying
"Hi. I want to be professional and let you know I want what is best for the team. I couldn't care less what you have to say about me to anybody. I just want our stunt group to do well.Let's be professional. I hope that won't be an issue for you.
Thanks."
& Now she has blocked me! This is all star cheer for crying out loud.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

I would bring it up to my coaches, and/or just try to ignore it. I mean I know it is hard, there is a girl that I used to be best friends with that I'm not anymore, and every day still I hear that she talks smack about me and stuff. It's hard to bite your tongue about it, but it won't stir up anything else. I would try to bring it up to the coaches though, and you did message her nicely which was the right thing to do, so hopefully she stops. Girls like her just want to start drama!
Good luck!

I think it's time to go to the coaches. Print up you Facebook message so that you have it on hand.

I always ask my kids to go up through the food chain. First try with the person and work your way up.

What she is doing is a form of bullying. You tried to deal with it and now it is time for the coaches to deal with it. The need to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR that this is not acceptable. I would also suggest if you have not informed your parents to let them know... they should be at the meeting with you and the coach as a back up that you have tried to deal with it.

Without getting too personal may I ask what age group we are talking about? It seems to me that you have attempted to deal with this the proper way without success so I agree with the other posts that have suggested you talk to the coaches privately and let them deal with it. If you are younger than 17 I would also agree that you may want your Parents with you for support and as witnesses if you feel it is necessary in the event that there is a meeting about this. I don't believe that this is going to get any better based on the information you provided unless you get your coaches involved. Best of luck.

She likely thinks that if she can quickly pass the blame off to someone else that she won't get in trouble. Perhaps she feels insecure about her basing skills. This is something your coach could discuss with her.

No matter what happens on the floor, off the floor, over the internet, or anything, you two are on a team together. She needs to understand that when one person fails on the competition floor, everyone fails. My coaches have always told me "no matter how many times you want to point fingers, remember that at the end of the day, no individual will have the jacket. You win as a team, and you lose as a team." She seems to be someone who has trouble working with a team effort, if so, this should be addressed to your coaches. She may change, she may continue to point fingers. If it continues, she has no business being on an allstar team, or any team for that matter.
Take up the violin or something..

I had a similar situation with my teammates where we just really weren't getting along it escalated quite a bit. I told my mom who told my coach and she pulled the two of us aside and we talked it out and now we're starting to get along better. The best advice I can give is to talk to your coach and to keep a hard copy of the message. Best of luck!

Know you are not the only one. This happened to someone I knew. Don't let her get to you or push you off the team. Don't give her the satisfaction.

stay positive Jordie! don't let all drama caused by her affect you negatively (especially your passion and love to cheerleading). just remember: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)

Back