All-Star How To Deal With A Teammate Who Strongly Dislikes Me?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would highly recommend you talking to your coach, now that you have approached the girl. Your coach will then be aware of the situation and will be able to keep an eye on the other girl and the situation.

I have expirenced something similar and I talked my to my coach. It turned out there had actually been others on my team that had talked to my coach about this girls attitude as well.

It i
I always thought she had a distaste for me, but I didn't think much of it, until yesterday. Every time the coaches, someone in our stunt group etc. said that something was off or that something was messy she pointed at me. I pretended to not notice every single time. She would also whisper things like "I told you!" to other people in the stunt group. She was also telling this other girl while we were sitting down, "I hurt my wrist from..." *looks directly at me*. I look back at her, and she avoids eye contact. I say, "You know I can totally see you, right?" She replies "What?" terrified multiple times. I understand that I do make mistakes, and I will own up to anything that may even just possibly be my mistake. I listen to any criticism that anyone on the team has to offer for my performance and I am perfectly fine with that. I want her to stop all this blaming silly-ness and actually be productive. It is important that we get along to a certain degree since she is the other base in this stunt group.

So anyway, I Facebook messaged her last night saying
"Hi. I want to be professional and let you know I want what is best for the team. I couldn't care less what you have to say about me to anybody. I just want our stunt group to do well.Let's be professional. I hope that won't be an issue for you.
Thanks."
& Now she has blocked me! This is all star cheer for crying out loud.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

It is a universal issue that has to be dealt with in any athletic team that has winning as its primary goal. What I feel has been forgotten in today's America is the need to emphasize healthy competition and gaining respect and self esteem through actual achievements rather than frantically trying to make everyone feel good about themselves for no reason. I feel that a consequence has been that a large segment of younger generations have a severe entitlement mentality and a need to but their own instant gratification first at every turn. it sounds like your teammate's attitude could be a sort of reflection of this attitude. Hopefully your coaches are genuine adults who can address it properly.

Back