All-Star How to fix cheer uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 9, 2023
unnamed.jpg

Hello! My team was supposed to receive uniforms by Rebel before WASF Worlds but it wouldn't be here by then, so we had another company pick it up and it ended up looking like how it does in the picture. The old uniform had long sleeves (basically a regular uniform top). Because of the one strap and no support, me and the other girls are scared of us possibly showing something we shouldn't be. Is there a way we can fix this, or add something to it so we feel more comfortable wearing it?

If there's time, and a good seamstress available, they could take a plain black athletic fabric and "copy and paste" the design of the supported side to the non-supportive side. Or, if lacking in time, take a plain black athletic fabric and make a simple wide strap to go from front to back.
I'm so sorry, that is definitely a uniform malfunction waiting to happen.

If there's time, and a good seamstress available, they could take a plain black athletic fabric and "copy and paste" the design of the supported side to the non-supportive side. Or, if lacking in time, take a plain black athletic fabric and make a simple wide strap to go from front to back.
I'm so sorry, that is definitely a uniform malfunction waiting to happen.
IMG_2662.jpeg

This was the original. Worlds is a week away soooo I don’t think we have time to have someone do it for about 8-10? girls 😭 but could you show an example of what you mean so I can get a basic idea?

Very rough, but you get the idea.

Honestly, since you’re running out of time, I’d wear the old uniform and ask the gym to request a refund.

Attachments

• IMG_5165.jpeg
    IMG_5165.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5163.jpeg
    IMG_5163.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
Very rough, but you get the idea.

Honestly, since you’re running out of time, I’d wear the old uniform and ask the gym to request a refund.
Sadly there is no “old uniform.” The one in the picture was a prototype, we were supposed to get THAT one but because it wouldn’t get here before our showcase next Tuesday, we got those instead

Sadly there is no “old uniform.” The one in the picture was a prototype, we were supposed to get THAT one but because it wouldn’t get here before our showcase next Tuesday, we got those instead
I'm sorry, I translated "original" into meaning an old uniform.
Neither option is ideal, but the simple wide strap would at least prevent a wardrobe malfunction and be simple to execute in a time crunch. The fabric is relatively inexpensive on Amazon
<click here> and an average seamstress could complete 8-10 fairly quickly if you can find someone with availibility.

My suggestion would be to sew a small loop of fabric in the front and back of the low side and then use a clear adjustable bra strap which can be bought just about anywhere.
1713306778653.png

Hi!I have 2 last-minute thoughts/ideas. Have you checked into sticky tape or sticky spray that's made to keep "the girls" in place? I think it will work in your case since these products are regularly used by gymnasts and sync swimmers.

My heart really goes out to you and your team because all I can envision while performing in those uniforms is wardrobe malfunctions. Also, if you have people on your team with large breasts, I can't see a way to give them proper support so they won't bounce continuously, or even worse, the dreaded wardrobe malfunction (again).

I don't visit this forum frequently--I tune in when I receive an email notification. Now having typed that, I am very interested in learning how/if this dilemma is resolved.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Peace!

Another thought, just put a black sport bra underneath it and see what it looks like.
This style has a wide strap and might look okay. Amazon

Back