All-Star Hypnotheraphy....?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have always wondered if hypnotherapy worked for mental blocks. Had a athlete at old gym 4 years ago go through hypnotherapy for BHS block. Therapy wasn't successful, she no longer tumbles.

I have always wondered if hypnotherapy worked for mental blocks. Had a athlete at old gym 4 years ago go through hypnotherapy for BHS block. Therapy wasn't successful, she no longer tumbles.
Well fingers crossed it will work/help with me... I'm so willing to try it that I'm praying that it might help me

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Haha I just realized its you not your CP :) another tip that helped my daughter is for running tumbling try power hurdle then 2 step before 4 step. She felt like is she could control the beginning she was more likely to go for it. For weeks she would do power hurdle roundoff backhandspring full because running would freak her out. It was funny to see her almost walking into her full but it did the trick!!!

Doing power hurdles first helped me too! I just told myself when i tumbled "power hurdle, standing back handspring tuck" and it worked. And then once I was totally comfortable with that I went to a one step round off and then a two. Now I feel like I'll never lose my running handspring tuck as long as have my standing handspring tuck cuz I can always go back to that trick.

Doing power hurdles first helped me too! I just told myself when i tumbled "power hurdle, standing back handspring tuck" and it worked. And then once I was totally comfortable with that I went to a one step round off and then a two. Now I feel like I'll never lose my running handspring tuck as long as have my standing handspring tuck cuz I can always go back to that trick.

I might try that, it's just my power hurdle really doesn't have much "power" in it lol! It has enough to where I probably could do it, I just don't know if I would feel comfortable doing anything out of it. But I can work on it and see. :)

I might try that, it's just my power hurdle really doesn't have much "power" in it lol! It has enough to where I probably could do it, I just don't know if I would feel comfortable doing anything out of it. But I can work on it and see. :)
I feel the same and I think it's soooo weird that people get mental about doing stuff out of a run... I get mental about power hurdles because I'm always worried I won't have enough power!

This is an interesting thread. My CP is such a thinker. When she is learning a new skill you can see all of the thoughts run across her face. She's not one of those kids that will be fearless and give it a shot. Part of me is glad for that because she's less likely to get hurt by trying new things in unsafe situations (without a back spot for example). She won't just do it. It definitely makes gaining new skills a very long process. I wonder if hypnosis would help her to relax and be confident enough to throw it without thinking so much. I swear this standing tuck will be the death of me! lol. But seriously, maybe hypnosis is something to consider.

This is an interesting thread. My CP is such a thinker. When she is learning a new skill you can see all of the thoughts run across her face. She's not one of those kids that will be fearless and give it a shot. Part of me is glad for that because she's less likely to get hurt by trying new things in unsafe situations (without a back spot for example). She won't just do it. It definitely makes gaining new skills a very long process. I wonder if hypnosis would help her to relax and be confident enough to throw it without thinking so much. I swear this standing tuck will be the death of me! lol. But seriously, maybe hypnosis is something to consider.
I will absolutely get back with you on if it works or not!!! I currently have a guided imagery therapist (for other reasons) and I'm going to see if she can help me through it at all right now and if it works/doesn't work I'll let you know and if it doesn't work I'm DEFINITELY trying hypnosis (according to me, my mom still doesn't know I want to lol!) but I will absolutely keep you posted to see if my experience with it can help your CP in any ways :) I think your CP and I sound very alike in many ways!!

I feel the same and I think it's soooo weird that people get mental about doing stuff out of a run... I get mental about power hurdles because I'm always worried I won't have enough power!

I don't think it's weird when people get mental blocks out of running skill, I can absolutely understand it, I just haven't progressed far enough for me to ever have that happen lol

i'm really happy that you posted this .Its good to know that i'm not alone. I have mental blocks with my full I just cant go i only rebound. i threw it at worlds and several other competitions so i know i can do it but i don't really know whats wrong i just can't go even with a spot . I've tried hypnosis on my self off of you tube, bad idea i know, it didn't work but i probably didn't do it right. I really want to try Hypnotherapy so if you do it let me know how it goes! and if i do it i will let you know how it is!

i'm really happy that you posted this .Its good to know that i'm not alone. I have mental blocks with my full I just cant go i only rebound. i threw it at worlds and several other competitions so i know i can do it but i don't really know whats wrong i just can't go even with a spot . I've tried hypnosis on my self off of you tube, bad idea i know, it didn't work but i probably didn't do it right. I really want to try Hypnotherapy so if you do it let me know how it goes! and if i do it i will let you know how it is!
Yeah, self hypnosis shouldn't be done!!! Lol
I'm the same way, I've thrown my skills on the floor and at comps and so I know I can.. Definitely keep me posted if you try and I will definitely let you know also :)

We're doing this unit in PSYCH 101...

Hypnosis is really nothing more than getting into a relaxed state and responding to the suggestion of the therapist. It's been mentioned a few times, but hypnosis doesn't work for all people. Some people cannot be "hypnotized" or get into the state needed for the therapist to work. A lot of it has to do with attitude, if you believe you can be hypnotized and are open to the experience, usually it works. If you think it's dumb or are very skeptical about the situation, it may not.

Hypnosis is not so much about "fixing" or "curing" a problem (you can't hypnotize away cancer) but about changing your reaction to the symptoms. It's likely you'll always be a mental tumbler, but hypnosis may help you cope with the "symptoms"

We're doing this unit in PSYCH 101...

Hypnosis is really nothing more than getting into a relaxed state and responding to the suggestion of the therapist. It's been mentioned a few times, but hypnosis doesn't work for all people. Some people cannot be "hypnotized" or get into the state needed for the therapist to work. A lot of it has to do with attitude, if you believe you can be hypnotized and are open to the experience, usually it works. If you think it's dumb or are very skeptical about the situation, it may not.

Hypnosis is not so much about "fixing" or "curing" a problem (you can't hypnotize away cancer) but about changing your reaction to the symptoms. It's likely you'll always be a mental tumbler, but hypnosis may help you cope with the "symptoms"
Thank you for your input. As I've said several times, I absolutely understand that it's not a cure and that it's not going to fix my problems. But if it can HELP me in any ways, I am absolutely open to trying it.

Back