All-Star I Wish That I Could Have This Moment For Life

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I coached sideline cheer and we decided to take our girls into the all-star season (as a rec team). Most of my girls had only ever done rec team so had no experience stunting and had very limited tumbling (I might have had 2 bwo out of 27 girls)We never had any competition and there was a dance team that was trying to recruit our girls saying that they were basically horrible and only won because they were the only competitors. We went to US Finals in Virginia Beach so we could have competition. There were 13 teams in our division! We didn't come in first place, but we came in third and I was so proud of my girls and all their hard work and they were as proud as they would have been had they come in first place :)

That song has been stuck in my head all day, but it gave me the idea to start a thread where people could post about cheer related things they experienced that were so awesome they want to feel like that forever. Like winning NCA, getting a back handspring, receiving a paid bid to worlds.

My cheer moment I wish I could have for life would be when my team won Return to Atlantis. A few of the girls on my team including myself had just had someone close to all of us pass away, and we decided we wanted to dedicate our performances that weekend to her memory. We weren't in first after day one, but I feel like she was the reason we came together even stronger day two. When they announced us in first, we started to cry with joy. Such an emotional moment for us.

That is my moment for life. What's yours?
what team were you on?

I would say this past season when we won BATC. Our main competition was hotcheer and they put on one heck of a performance! Both of us had flawless routines. It was all up in the air at awards, and to hear our names called as first was something I'd love to relive over and over.

my first season (feels like forever ago) we went to a cheer power comp and we against like 9 teams and after day one we were in first place (our parents didnt want to tell us because they thought we wouldnt try as hard but we found out anyways) ...we ended up winning and they played we are the champions ...we got leather(fake) jackets and idk it was just so emotional because i t was like the first big win in my cheer career haha

I've had a couple, but one of my favorites was at JamFest Super Nationals after the first day. It was just me and three other girls from our team waiting for placements and we apparently were just about the only ones in our division there so when we heard we were in first (small gym thinking we had no chance) we started screaming so loud and hugging each other crazy. All-of-a-sudden the arena became really quiet and we're just jumping around still screaming and all the surrounding teams just stared at us. :D

Day 1 of UCA nationals .. warmups :)

Our junior 3 was a solid team and took 2nd place every competition except for Cheersport Philly which we took 1st, so our team gave 120% every single time but the little things always killed us. Day 1 we went in acting as if we owned Jostens Center and we killeed it in warmups you might be saying ok so you had a good warmup but the week before that day , an exact week i broke my left anke (5 months before i broke my right ankle ) and not just me but everyone on our team was broken or had a mental block so for us to go in and have confidence which we lacked all season just made us all proud and the real reason i will always remeber that is we made our coach cry with pride. soo memorable :)

Winning NCA. Most amazing feeling ever.
Standing there, holding girls hands that you've only met a year ago but are your sisters right before they call second place thinking to yourself "So was all my hard work worth it?". Yeah, nothing quite like it.

Probably us winning Regionals with my Individual Stuntgroup, and the moment we got to know we qualified in first for Nationals...those were moment i'll never forget...

At worlds my team placed 7th (thats good for uk haha) our team had lots of injuries in particular an acl rupture on the warm up mat the thursday before worlds, we had no other replacement so had to re-do the routine without her. My special moment was after worlds had finished on the monday night we all went to Magical kingdom to watch the fireworks at the castle and we all got very emotional, thats where our gyms saying came from 'Nothing is impossible if you believe'

when my team won Canadian Nationals 2010. I won in 2011 too (on a dif team) but it defiantly wasnt the same

UCDF Pot of Gold 2010.

My team was not hitting anything at warm ups and everyone was so frustrated because we worked so hard to put express-ups in our routine. So, as a result, our coaches told us to take out the express-ups and just do straight up stunts. Every single girl on our team was devastated. We were so upset that we pretty much told our coaches that we were gonna do the express-ups on the mat. We were not going to give up this fight. Finally, our coaches looked at us like we were crazy and told us "okay, everyone can express-up, but we will be so mad if you guys fall all over the place." We reassured our coaches that we could do it. We ended up hitting every single express-up and everything in the entire routine. We ended up winning the competition, and that was easily one of the greatest moments of my cheerleading career :)

Definitely winning Canadian Nationals. My whole team had the biggest feeling of accomplishment. It was amazing <3

Back