All-Star Illegal Elements (just To Raise Awareness)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure about either part of the question. If so I assume notification would be done by Les personally and only the people in the conversation would know about it.

Well, it looks like you are on the right track and I assume sooner rather than later, the industry will come together and set standards and share data, especially on injuries and violations. Thanks for your work.

Not deleted, so there goes that theory.

As a professional coach, we can make statements about the industry. In my full time profession I make statements about poor practices that I observe all the time. That doesn't mean I hate those organizations, it simply means I'm sick of people thinking they don't have to follow regulations, that they are above them. Posting things like this raises awareness. If you don't like it, you can always de-friend someone.

My apologies...fb said the link wasn't available anymore, so perhaps it's private now instead...and I'm not or ever have been friends w/him on fb...so there goes that theory.

Personally I'm sick of certain people pretending to care about something/someone when that's obviously not the case (and if you think all of those comments in that post were not about hating on an organization, then either we aren't reading the same thing or you need might need to adjust the resolution on your monitor).. . Note I said certain people, so that it isn't misunderstood and people think I'm attacking any/everyone who says something about CEA. I felt that I was pretty clear about that.

So let's say in this context (a "serious" thread about safety issues) on the board, it's something that is helpful and needs to be discussed, but do you find it professional for a USASF certified judge to post an obviously targeted comment and allow those types of responses? Sure it's his personal fb and he can do whatever he wants w/it, I don't have to be his fb friend (which I already said I wasn't), etc., but how can you expect that to some people, his motives aren't questionable?

Personally I don't care if he does or doesn't like CEA, I honestly don't..but I'm not going to play into his game or buy into his "reasons" when I clearly don't believe that's the case. If this thread raises issues that help other gyms and clear up any safety concerns, that's great. I'm just not going to pretend that his intentions were honorable in this situation. So be it...it's not the end the world.

Because, "email Courtney" is the required response from anyone who affiliates themselves with cea. Anytime there is anything is said that could be construed as negative, the world is told to: Email Courtney.

I'm curious though, whenever I see a positive comment regarding cea, no one says to: Email Courtney.
I consider a "comment" and concerns of an industry safety issue as two completely different things.

I'm sorry you considered this situation to be a negative comment versus an actual serious issue (as it would appear by the seriousness of the thread concerning athletes, safety, and potential penalties due to an illegality). I also would think that if someone within the industry was so concerned about an athletes safety bc they were convinced there was an illegality, that they wouldn't try to contact her. That is my personal opinion, but I'm only one of a couple of people in this thread who have suggested emailing her w/any serious concerns. Call me crazy, but I don't consider that as being unreasonable.

My apologies...fb said the link wasn't available anymore, so perhaps it's private now instead...and I'm not or ever have been friends w/him on fb...so there goes that theory.

Personally I'm sick of certain people pretending to care about something/someone when that's obviously not the case (and if you think all of those comments in that post were not about hating on an organization, then either we aren't reading the same thing or you need might need to adjust the resolution on your monitor).. . Note I said certain people, so that it isn't misunderstood and people think I'm attacking any/everyone who says something about CEA. I felt that I was pretty clear about that.

So let's say in this context (a "serious" thread about safety issues) on the board, it's something that is helpful and needs to be discussed, but do you find it professional for a USASF certified judge to post an obviously targeted comment and allow those types of responses? Sure it's his personal fb and he can do whatever he wants w/it, I don't have to be his fb friend (which I already said I wasn't), etc., but how can you expect that to some people, his motives aren't questionable?

Personally I don't care if he does or doesn't like CEA, I honestly don't..but I'm not going to play into his game or buy into his "reasons" when I clearly don't believe that's the case. If this thread raises issues that help other gyms and clear up any safety concerns, that's great. I'm just not going to pretend that his intentions were honorable in this situation. So be it...it's not the end the world.

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much at this point, I read his fb post referenced here. I read all comments, as well, and yes, it's still up. Unless someone already knew (or had read here,) no one would have known what program was being talked about. He, nor anyone who commented, never mentioned CEA by name, and for all I know, he might have been referring to Top Gun or Twisters. So, as far as professionalism, I think that's a non-factor. He never specified the program.
What concerns me is not that a judge has personal feelings about a program, it's that the feelings might impact a score. Maybe it happens all the time. Maybe not. Just makes me wonder.

Do I like CEA? Yes. Do I think it's professional for a judge or coach (I am both as well) to point out major safety violations in our industry for the sake of making our sport safer? Most certainly. I take safety VERY seriously. I've called out people that I've been friends with for over 10 years, who are in the "elite" of our industry, because I care about the safety of all athletes, not just the ones I work with. It's not "picking on a team/program" if they put themselves out there doing an unsafe skill. If the team was PoDunk All Stars and they did the same skill at a showcase, would you say anyone was picking on them? No, you'd probably agree that the skill was unsafe.

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much at this point, I read his fb post referenced here. I read all comments, as well, and yes, it's still up. Unless someone already knew (or had read here,) no one would have known what program was being talked about. He, nor anyone who commented, never mentioned CEA by name, and for all I know, he might have been referring to Top Gun or Twisters. So, as far as professionalism, I think that's a non-factor. He never specified the program.
What concerns me is not that a judge has personal feelings about a program, it's that the feelings might impact a score. Maybe it happens all the time. Maybe not. Just makes me wonder.
Yeah, it's still there..he must have just blocked me from viewing it (but we never were fb friends), but I saw it after missbee said something and I logged out of my name and was able to see it...but come on, it's very clear to anyone on this board (imo) and his friends (many I see who are in the industry in some way weather an athlete or coach), who he was referring to and it's obvious who the personal stab was directed towards from the last friend who posted a comment. The time he made the post coincided w/the two threads (this one and another one), where he was being specific about his issues regarding legalities. How many people on this board and in the cheerleading world is he fb friends with and I kind of think it's an insult to everyone's intelligence to imply he wasn't directing it towards CEA. He might not have ever said the word "CEA", but come on..really? But anyway, your last point is bothersome bc I don't feel he can keep his personal feelings about a program from judging fairly...I remember when he made this response to this person's post right before worlds

i know! im saying you NEVER know! cea could fall??anyone could fall!! theyre not perfect! you never know....

One could only hope

and not only is that just plain nasty, but coming from a judge who is supposedly so concerned about safety from illegalities? I think that sort of thing is unnecessary and especially unprofessional coming from someone in the industry. I'm done wasting my breath on him bc it is what it is and I'd rather not waste anymore of my time (or the board's) for someone who is just plain mean. Is all this really necessary to him? I don't know what kind of enjoyment you get living your life by acting that way towards anyone period...I know I'd much rather be kind and respectful bc all of these girls and boys work very hard and don't deserve most of this nonsense. It's like those "crazy" pageant moms or junior high school crap. I wouldn't waste my time updating my fb status bc I thought "Susie" or "Gym A" is "fill in the blank" or really any other person for that matter.

I don't think I said anything mean in my status. And i commented earlier that i've never made a personal attack on courtney, which would be wrong as i'm sure she isn't the only coach in the gym. You also can't hold me responsible for what people I am facebook friends have said. They may or may not get personal, but I haven't.

Not a single post I have made in this thread or on my facebook have been "mean". And anyone who knows me can tell you that i'm not mean in the least bit. If it weren't for the kool aid and goggles more people would be able to see that.

Now to get away from the personal attacks, which always seem to start from the Teal side of things.

Here is another routine with several illegal elements. I counted 3. Again with the statement from my facebook, "This is getting ridiculous"

(As an FYI, i don't sit at home and watch CEA videos. Someone texted me and told me to watch because there were somethings in it.)

OK, yes you are right Rich and I see them too, but this is just getting past the point of public notification. The giant inversion really bothered me because head diving towards the floor but I don't want to pick apart any more routines for safety stuff. thread closed.

Back