OT I'm A Senior This Year, And...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sep 21, 2010
I can't imagine leaving behind cheer. I've always anted to won my own gym, but what do I need to major in for that to be possible?
If youre a gym owner, what did you major/minor in to get to where you are now? What are the classes like? Do you know of any colleges that have this AND a good cheer team? Did your college have an art department (I would like to double major in illustration).

Thank you so much for your help!

The major doesn't really matter, but a business degree would be good. Then you need to find a job with one of the top gyms in the country to find out how to run a gym and a business.

I'm in a similar situation! I want to major in Sports Management. Some schools put it under education and some under business. The school I want to go to has it under education. I'm planning on minoring in marketing. What do people here think?

I can't imagine leaving behind cheer. I've always anted to won my own gym, but what do I need to major in for that to be possible?
If youre a gym owner, what did you major/minor in to get to where you are now? What are the classes like? Do you know of any colleges that have this AND a good cheer team? Did your college have an art department (I would like to double major in illustration).

Thank you so much for your help!

Maybe you could find a school or gym near your campus where you could coach a little. If you know where you want to go, start talking to people now and see if they would be willing to be flexible with your schedule. As long as they understand that you're a student first, I think that would be a good place to start and gain experience even though it's not a lot of money. Then you can see if it's something you really want to do.

Back