All-Star Individual Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2011
Okay, so I am having trouble deciding weither I should do an Individual this season. Me and my family already discussed this and they're up for it. I don't know much about Individuals because I haven't been doing All-Star Cheer all that long. I'm on a level 2 team, but only have level 1 tumbling skills. My stronger points are basically everything BUT tumbling, and I'm pretty good infront of a crowd, considering I grew up living with a parent as a proffesional singer and I have competed manny times. Do you think I should do an individual? And also, can you give me some info on individuals if you've ever done one? Thank you :)

And, I'm also going to start taking privates to get a back handspring. :)

I think you should go for it! You can get a group together and do stunt group....no tumbling whatsoever! I did it for 8 years and I loved it! :)

some competitions companies (I know spirit sports and champion) have nontumble individuals and there are a few that separate them by level, but you need to do your research for each event producer because a lot only have tumble individuals and do not separate them. As long as you do your research I think you could do wonderful!

I might be wrong, but individuals are usually for level 5 athletes... Most comps don't even have them, so when they do I'm pretty sure they are categorized by age only (youth, junior, senior) with the level being level 5 across the board. Level 1/2 tumbling would not be very competitive.

Back