All-Star Injury Poll!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level and how your injury occurred.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4 Years ago I got my front teeth knocked out backing a prep double, she opened up at 1.5 and elbowed me.... To make matters worse, It was when I was crossing down to level 4 AND the day before my spring break eurotrip...

My daughter broke her femur throwing ro, h, whip, double. She has also rolled her ankle several times while working Standing Fulls however I don't really consider that an injury. I don't feel like standing fulls cause alot of injuries but that is just my observation, no statistics to back it up.

The only injury cp has had herself was a tumbling collision with a coach that was spotting her on the tumbletrak and she mildly sprained her wrist.
Most injuries I have seen (as a nurse) are collision injuries, kids tumbling into each other on synch passes or losing their "situational awareness" on the floor and injuries from improperly thrown tucks.

I would also like to add I played field hockey and college lacrosse. I have seen more teeth knocked out, split lips, broken bones in that sport than I have ever seen in cheer. When I was on the varsity team as a senior our forward got a ball flicked to her mouth and it knocked out two of her teeth. She refused to stop playing. Point is every sport has injuries and I think other psorts are way more dangerous then this one.

For the record, I have seen several mouth related injuries, but never from a standing full?
Maybe a bruised ego from rubbing your face into the floor or a sprained ankle from underrotating when learning it. But once you have a grasp on it, you can really pull it out of anything.

i couldnt tumble to save my life.
spacing in the pyramid was little off and my legs werent secured on the ground my knee popped out menisci injury D:<
oh and a concussion- knee to the head!

I would also like to add I played field hockey and college lacrosse. I have seen more teeth knocked out, split lips, broken bones in that sport than I have ever seen in cheer. When I was on the varsity team as a senior our forward got a ball flicked to her mouth and it knocked out two of her teeth. She refused to stop playing. Point is every sport has injuries and I think other psorts are way more dangerous then this one.

I bet they say the same thing if anyone asks them about injuries lol. I would love to see studies. Jamie Parrish said on his facebook post that he was stunned by the amount of injuries he was shown when he did the news piece. I hope we can all see these statistics soon. I will say every doctor we go to always talks about how many injuries they see from cheer so there has to be more than we know about.

Punch front step out with a locked leg, hyper-extended knee, out for 2 weeks.

Minor ankle rolls from stepping out of a backhandspring, punching out of a whip with a turned out foot, and doing a moose jump.....all out for 3 days or so. Her feet naturally turn out, so she now wears an ankle brace to help prevent the external rotation, to prevent further ankle rolls.

My worst two injuries were from landing on my knees during a back handspring, so level 2 tumbling

and backing a toe touch basket, so level 3 stunting. (which I forgot to check and it won't let me add)

Never threw a bhs on the floor- not even once.. 3 broken wrists (stunting), a rolled ankle (walking), 2 knee surgeries (jumping), and a stress fracture in my back (stunting).

CP suffered a concussion in warmups when the (youth 2) pyramid collapsed and the backspot ran out of the way. Only real injury in 5 seasons.

My cps only significant injury was a concussion, in a pyramid when the stunt group behind her dropped their flyer on my cp's head, not once but twice in a row at practice. I didn't even get a phone call, they just kept on practicing. smh (p.s. this did not happen at the gym in my avatar!)

My cp has been a lv5 athlete for 5yrs and she broke a bone in the palm of hand doing a bhs on tumble track. My son has been a lv5 athlete for 6yrs and broke his femur jumping.

Back