All-Star Inspirational Story

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermom89

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
Back last fall some of our Mom's went to a Zumba class to have fun. One of the very young Mom's had an unusual pain in her breast. After much "nagging" from her best friend she went and got it checked out. It came back as stage 4 breast cancer. She immediately went through a double mastectomy and brutal bouts of chemo and radiation for 4 months. She then took a break during competition season so she was able to go and watch her daughter compete. She was at every warm up for everyone of our teams. Standing in the middle with her dew rag on (lost all of her hair) thinking about nothing but pumping up our athletes for their performances. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. She was just a Mom of an athlete at the beginning of the season, but became the reason we went out and gave 100% every time.

Now that competition season is over she is back at it. Her chemo and radiation is even tougher now and she is getting weaker and she has even more personal issues (you cannot imagine). She takes on each day with a smile, a great attitude, never complains and refuses to give up.

She is truly one of the strongest and most courageous women any of us have ever met. It is an honor to know her.

The last few weeks have been horrible for her. The chemo is literally burning her skin. She is in excruciating pain daily.

We wanted to do something to cheer her up but since she is not allowed to leaver her house, this is what we came up with.......

We did it in one 2 hour practice. She loved it and the news also covered it.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She will beat this, she is just that strong.

Really teared up just now! My teammates mom was diagnosed with cancer about a week ago and has started chemo this week. It's so awesome yall did that for her! she is surrounded by so much love!! And stuff like this can really make a difference in outcomes.

People like her and all of the people that went to that much trouble to brighten her day a little give me hope. Praying for her <3

i teared up watching this, i know how it feels to see your mom batteling a serious disease and worrying about her every day! I hope she stays strong and fights through it <3 Loads of Prayers!!

I LOVE that! What a great idea. Thoughts for the mom <3

Back