All-Star Interesting Gym Locations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2012
I'm curious to hear about some of the interesting gym locations out there. First, I will share mine:

One program I work with, Intensity Cheer Elite is located in a Mall. The locations gives the program a unique marketing tool. People will sit outside the glass windows and watch in awe of the tumbling and stunting. People registering for classes by walk-ins are not uncommon.

Another program that I cheered for years back was located above a bowling ally. If you were in the bowling ally when a practice was going on, you could hear the THUD-THUD-THUD of the teams doing jump combos.

So other interesting gym locations are there!? Share yours.

We used to take tumbling classes in my coaches basement....
Then we used the party room at the rec center (ONE tumbling strip went directly across the room, other than that we just had dead mats and a tramp in the corner.) which was probably the size of two bedrooms? But had high ceilings. And to do our routine we used the indoor soccer fields, and then traveled to another gym like 40 miles away the week before comps so we could figure out formations and such on an actual correct size spring floor.
And then we finally got a gym of our own :) We've renovated many times and raised ceilings, tore down/built walls, built a parent area, and this summer we're getting a pit and our tumbl trak will be in the floor <3 YAY
They aren't really "gym" locations but still.

I'm curious to hear about some of the interesting gym locations out there. First, I will share mine:

One program I work with, Intensity Cheer Elite is located in a Mall. The locations gives the program a unique marketing tool. People will sit outside the glass windows and watch in awe of the tumbling and stunting. People registering for classes by walk-ins are not uncommon.

Another program that I cheered for years back was located above a bowling ally. If you were in the bowling ally when a practice was going on, you could hear the THUD-THUD-THUD of the teams doing jump combos.

So other interesting gym locations are there!? Share yours.

I would really like to see this!

Our gym started in a middle school cafeteria/gym. For the first 3 years we only had mats and had to roll them down and put them up every night. Then we got air floors that would have to be put up and down daily as well as the mats.

Oh and if the school decided to have a concert or meeting we were moved to an even smaller room that only fit 3 mats and smelled like a boys looker room.

Was a happy day when we finally got our own building!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back