International Cheer Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't know it was Jamfest Europe's t-shirts that said that. I thought it was their own t-shirts..

But still keeping to what I said. I do get your point, but I think European and also World championships are different from national championships. "European champions" has quite a status to the word, and if it gets used too much it will lose it's status. Both in the cheer world but also in media (we do want cheerleading to be considered a sport, most sports have official european championships). We've talked a lot about this in Sweden when the new federation ECA started up. Sweden still belongs to ECC but we'll see what happens about that in the upcoming years..

Just a question, if a competition in Europe is open to all different countries, are you european champions if you win? Even if it's a really small competition?

Thanks and good luck to you too.

I appericate the fact that you want to keep the status of 'European Champions.' But what I don't appericate is that fact that I am fifteen years of age and after having as sucessful season after such hard work and winning Jamfest Europe open to European teams within my divsion. I posted a video on a international thread, proud of my what my team have achieved this season. I get put down by people in a frankly rude manner. It may not be classed as a european championship, but infact if I get a t-shirt after winning the competition clearly stating 'European Champions' from Jamfest themself. I am proud of what I have done this season, and therefore proud that fact that im a european champion. @youbetterwork Congratulation to your team mates winning, and I wish you the best of luck this season.

@scottish_cheerleader I really appericate you sticking up for me! Your team looked amaazzzzing last season! I really wish you the best of luck this season! xoxo

I appericate the fact that you want to keep the status of 'European Champions.' But what I don't appericate is that fact that I am fifteen years of age and after having as sucessful season after such hard work and winning Jamfest Europe open to European teams within my divsion. I posted a video on a international thread, proud of my what my team have achieved this season. I get put down by people in a frankly rude manner. It may not be classed as a european championship, but infact if I get a t-shirt after winning the competition clearly stating 'European Champions' from Jamfest themself. I am proud of what I have done this season, and therefore proud that fact that im a european champion. @youbetterwork Congratulation to your team mates winning, and I wish you the best of luck this season.

@scottish_cheerleader I really appericate you sticking up for me! Your team looked amaazzzzing last season! I really wish you the best of luck this season! xoxo
I was supposed to write this in my previous post but forgot - it's a great accomplishment to win Jamfest Europe. I'm not critzing your win or your hard work. I'm also not critizing you or your team in my previous post. Read it again and think about that, ok? Sorry if I got people all upset now, that was not my point.

Just a question, if a competition in Europe is open to all different countries, are you european champions if you win? Even if it's a really small competition?
it is open to all european countries, i do understand where you are going with protecting the term european champion so it means something but you (and sweden so it seems) have chosen this one competition to be europeans... just like you have chosen that.. we brits have apparently chosen jamfest.

it is open to all european countries, i do understand where you are going with protecting the term european champion so it means something but you (and sweden so it seems) have chosen this one competition to be europeans... just like you have chosen that.. we brits have apparently chosen jamfest.
Ok gotcha. Does Scotland/England/UK compete at ECA Europeans? Since you're member of that federation. I remember some UK team that competed at ECC a couple of years ago.

Ok gotcha. Does Scotland/England/UK compete at ECA Europeans? Since you're member of that federation. I remember some UK team that competed at ECC a couple of years ago.
my team only compete at comps using usasf rules from my understanding (please correct me if im wrong!) the ECC comp uses different rules. We used to use lots of different companies in the uk and had to change our routines from comp to comp which just became annoying!
Scotcheer has a strong affiliation with ECC i believe (i dont compete there anymore) and they run Team Scotland but in the past they have only compete at worlds.

Still you know what I mean :p they're still going to find it easier to learn tumbling than me :p We have about 2 people on our squad who can tumble level 3.
never say never i am officially the only non-tumbler at rockstar everyone on s5 has a minimum of standing 2 and we have a huge amount of actual seniors this year!!

I can't wait to see your senior 5! What's your first comp? I think I would die on a level 5 team after spending 4 nice relaxing years at level 3 lol.
s5 and j3 should both be going out at acdc in march. I know j3 will be for sure but we are hoping s5 will be too!

Cool I should be there since we're competing too :) I don't think I'll make the comp team this year so I'll have plenty of time to watch everyone else.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

my team only compete at comps using usasf rules from my understanding (please correct me if im wrong!) the ECC comp uses different rules. We used to use lots of different companies in the uk and had to change our routines from comp to comp which just became annoying!
Scotcheer has a strong affiliation with ECC i believe (i dont compete there anymore) and they run Team Scotland but in the past they have only compete at worlds.
Ok ok! Yeah, slightly different. ECA I know has the same rules as ICU.

Oh my, I got it all messed up. ECA is the "old" one and ECU is the european version of ICU!
IMO, ECC/ECA is dwindling. Viqueens do not compete there any more, and the only organisation from the UK that sends teams (UKCA) is very much looked down upon over here. I assure you what you see of the UK at ECC/ECA is no where near the highest standard over here. High level teams from the UK only really compete IASF (complicated reason why they don't do ICU). I think ECU is definitely going to become the new 'real Europeans' in the coming years, especially after the statement from ICU basically saying that if you compete IFC you will be disqualified from ICU. And because ECC/ECA is part of IFC, I can see people favouring ECU in the future.

Honestly, you could say about every competition open to European countries that it wasn't a European title won. That's what we have to deal with in our sport because of the many many organizations. The winners of ECC this year could be told they didn't win Europeans because they didn't compete against the likes of Viqueens, Power Cheer, Dynamite etc. Not even worlds is really a definitive title.

IMO, ECC/ECA is dwindling. Viqueens do not compete there any more, and the only organisation from the UK that sends teams (UKCA) is very much looked down upon over here. I assure you what you see of the UK at ECC/ECA is no where near the highest standard over here. High level teams from the UK only really compete IASF (complicated reason why they don't do ICU). I think ECU is definitely going to become the new 'real Europeans' in the coming years, especially after the statement from ICU basically saying that if you compete IFC you will be disqualified from ICU. And because ECC/ECA is part of IFC, I can see people favouring ECU in the future.

Honestly, you could say about every competition open to European countries that it wasn't a European title won. That's what we have to deal with in our sport because of the many many organizations. The winners of ECC this year could be told they didn't win Europeans because they didn't compete against the likes of Viqueens, Power Cheer, Dynamite etc. Not even worlds is really a definitive title.
I agree with everything you say. Sweden is still in ECA/ECC because it's been around longer and we want to keep the European Championship status. But no cheer teams from Sweden competed at ECC 2011 due to many reasons.. So it feels like we're heading towards ECU. I'm pro ECU (it has been discussed in Sweden).

Of course you want to compete against Viqueens since they are the best in Europe (almost the world too ;)). I would love to see ALL the great teams from Europe compete at the same Europeans. It would be so much more fun than ECC the last couple of years.

I'm actually on Power Cheer! Hehe

I ust read through the discussion about ,,European Champions'' and actually everything said here is what i have been thinking about for a while. There is one huge competition here in Germany called the Elite Cheerleading Championship which happens to have a lot of european competitors , there have also been american teams competing some years ago. Some Teams who won their divison at this competition also tend to say they are ,,European Champions'' which has been criticized a lot.
I really don't (!!!) want to take anything away from a winning-title at a huge international/european championship, its a great accomplishment and something to be proud of, but for me ,coming from a Figure Skating Background, a European Champion can only be detected through ONE official European Championship.
Same with worlds. I do get that the USASF Worlds are more of a ''Gym '' competition but i truly hate the fact that there are three different kinds of ''Worlds'' and therefore also 3 World Champions in almost every division . I really hope that one day there will only be one Worldchampionship and one European Championship , but that's probably going to take some more years -.-

Back