Ultimate Canadian Cheer Jags
Universal Kentucky Cheer Eclipse
USA Allstarz Most Wanted
Valley Xtreme
West Coast Allstars
Xtreme Allstars
World Cup

Unconfirmed/Pending Try Outs:

This division is INSANE! At this rate we will have to get our cardboard signs ready to protest outside the USASF offices to have the "BEST" teams placed in there appropriate positions, instead of giving intl teams a willy wonka chocolate factory ticket to finals just because they are the best team in their country. I believe this past year it was like 2 teams from Japan in this division and they both went to finals for nothing! Theoretically they could have dropped every stunt and laid across the floor eating chips during their dance section and walk right into finals while California All-stars and Gymtyme tumble and stunt the floor to pieces and not make it! Ughhhh I hate these weird money hungry rules!!!

Far from money hungry!! USASF makes most of it's money from you all competing at NCA, UCA, cheersports, usasf sanctioned events! I know for a fact we ( Australian team ) do not pay usasf anything, we fork out money for flights and accommodation. If usasf organized finals any other way where we did not get a shot to compete on the finals mat, we would not come, with thy being said, at last count 6 teams from Australia are in intl coed 5 for worlds 2011 so we need to fight for our spots as well, this will continue to be the trend as more teams from more countries come, so you can moan and talk all the smack you want about how only 3 teams make finals, it just shows how you fail to look from outside the box and see usasf's vision for the future, they may have the USA market cornered but there are plenty other big cheer event around the world, and if usasf doe not cater to us, we will all fly somewhere else an make that the event to be at.

Well, glad you think that teams from outside the US have the same opportunity as you guys do...
My team is allgirl, but well...
Lets start with our "gym". Ever been to a basketball game at an old gym - hardwood floor, no mats? Well, that's what our "gym" looks like. Yes, we do not have ANY kind of equipment to practice with. Makes learning tumbling a lot harder (you need really good spots to not start breaking you neck learning a bhs...not to speak of a full or even a double full). I want to see US teams learning all of their skills on a hardwood floor, then we can compare again!
Next thing is that there are no fulltime coaches (speaking for my team). Meaning there are no such things as privates or tumbling lessons.
There are far less competitions to qualify to worlds over here (as far as I know there is only a single one...)
There is only one spring floor in our town that you can rent time on (really expensive and unconvenient times) - but you are not allowed to have your shoes on when you're on it... if they see you with shoes on it - they throw you out!

Oh yeah, but we have the same opportunities as you guys do in the US...

To be honest: there is some great talent over here in Germany, and there are teams that have better equipped training facilities, but it will take some years until we got the same opportunities as you guys do!

Amen!!!

The US does not realize how good they have it, all we want is a chance to make finals the one trip we make every 3 - 4 years it is financially viable to do it

Sorry, one more thing. Before somebody says that its not fair because the US teams "are better" and they are displaced by teams from another country, I will say that this is the case in all international sport. At the Olympics we are only allowed one team in (for example) Hockey. However, within our country we have 100's (if not 1000's) of teams that could beat the silver or bronze medalists. Should we therefore allow all those teams that "are better" to compete thereby dominating the sport from top to tail? Maybe, or maybe it doesn't make for a true international competition. And of course, if we did this the sport would never develop for fear that they would never get a chance to compete on an international stage.

My bottom line is that what the IASF/USASF is doing for the "international" division is great for the sport and its development. If US teams want a better shot at making finals they have other divisions - the rest of the world, does not.

Your amazing!!

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE ABOVE

If usasf organized finals any other way where we did not get a shot to compete on the finals mat, we would not come

That's what this rule does to nearly all of the US teams right now. Should they all not come? I agree we need to make it possible for international teams to make finals. The sport won't grow outside of the US if we don't. But I think it should be the top 50% from each country or something like that. 3 spots simply isn't fair when there are so many talented teams.

you should consider primtyme phoenix because its only an hour and a half away but by no means quit this year on ATL...this is just FYI!!!! They already went to worlds last year

i live in TN but i am cheering for ATL Allstars this year...which is obviously in Atlanta. Living in Chattanooga makes it hard cuz the closest open 5 team is over 2 hours away

you should consider primtyme phoenix because its only an hour and a half away but by no means quit this year on ATL...this is just FYI!!!! They already went to worlds last year

Back