All-Star Is California Allstars Going To Georgia?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To get to my gym for the brief year I cheered required either a subway, to a train, to a car for a grand total of 2 hrs or so OR taking a subway 2 hours from Brooklyn to the Bronx and then a 20 minute car ride.

One only cost me 12.50 a week (including giving $10 of gas money to the person driving me). The other was like $30 a week roundtrip. And that didn't include the times I got all the way to the gym and had to turn back around because people cancelled last minute (it was an open team).

sorry for my stupid question but it takes 2 h to get to the Bronx from Brooklyn??? This makes me realize i have no idea how big New York is :eek:

sorry for my stupid question but it takes 2 h to get to the Bronx from Brooklyn??? This makes me realize i have no idea how big New York is :eek:
From barely into Brooklyn, all the way to the very very tip of the Bronx via subway? Yea, it could take 2 hrs. Especially if you figure every train stops in each subway platform for at least 30 seconds. Driving in and of itself wouldn't take that long, except for traffic and lights. It's a bit smaller than London size-wise, but it's WAY higher in population density.

It's approx 469 square miles or 1,200 square km, but I was also going up the entire length of Manhattan (which as an island is more long North to South), versus just cutting across the city. When most people think of/consider NYC, they really only think about Central Park to FiDi/City Hall, and don't really consider anything north of the Park PLUS the Bronx (which is north of Manhattan). Forget about Brooklyn or Queens (Queens was just labeled THE place to visit by Lonely Planet for 2015- cause it's awesome). And Staten Island? Bahahaha.. :D

I never heard of them. I'll check them out.
You should. Plenty of videos on YouTube. Second year gym with the owner being one of the top choreographers in the business. First year out we sent two teams to Worlds. Pretty much won or came in second to almost every comp we went to last year for some teams. Just had our Small Coed 5 team win Grand Champion at a comp on Sunday. Lots of people have heard of us-but check us out!

You should. Plenty of videos on YouTube. Second year gym with the owner being one of the top choreographers in the business. First year out we sent two teams to Worlds. Pretty much won or came in second to almost every comp we went to last year for some teams. Just had our Small Coed 5 team win Grand Champion at a comp on Sunday. Lots of people have heard of us-but check us out!
I did and I love them! But I'm a little old for their gym. The most I can find my self doing is volunteering there for one of the younger teams. If I do get back into cheerleading it would have to be on an international team. As I'm too old for the rest. I understand they're new and it takes time to have a full gym so I'll be waiting if they ever do build a international team.

I did and I love them! But I'm a little old for their gym. The most I can find my self doing is volunteering there for one of the younger teams. If I do get back into cheerleading it would have to be on an international team. As I'm too old for the rest. I understand they're new and it takes time to have a full gym so I'll be waiting if they ever do build a international team.
They had an international team this past year. I actually met one of their athletes on the bus to WWOS at Worlds, he was so sweet and asked for pictures with me and my teammate.

We had an international Coed team last year that went to Worlds, have one this year too. Pretty amazing team last year. Looking good this year too. Mi5 is their name. New gym, but really making strides in this very competitive area of NC. Pluse we have an International All Girl team this year too. 3 Worlds teams.

Last edited:
From barely into Brooklyn, all the way to the very very tip of the Bronx via subway? Yea, it could take 2 hrs. Especially if you figure every train stops in each subway platform for at least 30 seconds. Driving in and of itself wouldn't take that long, except for traffic and lights. It's a bit smaller than London size-wise, but it's WAY higher in population density.

It's approx 469 square miles or 1,200 square km, but I was also going up the entire length of Manhattan (which as an island is more long North to South), versus just cutting across the city. When most people think of/consider NYC, they really only think about Central Park to FiDi/City Hall, and don't really consider anything north of the Park PLUS the Bronx (which is north of Manhattan). Forget about Brooklyn or Queens (Queens was just labeled THE place to visit by Lonely Planet for 2015- cause it's awesome). And Staten Island? Bahahaha.. :D

Since you're talking about NYC, and yoolizzi is pleading with gym owners, here goes my rant:

PLEASE OPEN A GYM IN BROOKLYN NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU GYM OWNERS OUT THERE, DON'T EVEN THINK OF OPENING YOUR GYM IN UPSTATE NY, THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY GYMS UP THERE AND ONLY ONE ALLSTAR GYM IN THE NYC AREA!!!!!!!!!!

This is all too funny. CALI is not opening a new gym in GA, or taking over the old Southern Cheer Allstars gym location. The website redirection is due to an error with All Star Cheer Sites hosting both gyms pages. Southern Cheer was purchased by a local small time investor that is most definitely not California Allstars. As the former owner, I'm pretty sure I would know.

Thanks for the laughs guys, but no fire here and barely any smoke.
As soon as I saw this I looked to see if you responded.
Surprised it took as long as it did to hit this board.

SI Spirit (Staten Island Spirit) is legit! Some of the best stunters I've worked with. They can always get what I give them the day of choreography. They have levels 1-3 but added an IOC4 this summer. I have no idea how long it takes to get into NYC.. I took the Ferry once after choreo and it didn't seem to long lol

I can vouch for this. I grew up in the Northwest Bronx. In high school and college we regularly went to a small music venue in Brooklyn by subway. 2 hours minimum to get there. Coming home late night the trains ran much less frequently and if you missed one you were waiting for another hour, so it could take 3+ hours to get home. Once we started driving it took 45 minutes. I look back and still can't believe my parents let us go.

SI Spirit (Staten Island Spirit) is legit! Some of the best stunters I've worked with. They can always get what I give them the day of choreography. They have levels 1-3 but added an IOC4 this summer. I have no idea how long it takes to get into NYC.. I took the Ferry once after choreo and it didn't seem to long lol
The ferry isn't TOO bad, but I believe it stops running after a certain hour, there are then buses to SI but they don't always run as often and if you don't have a car to get where you're going from where the buses go...it can be tricky.

To be honest, I don't know that I've EVER been to SI. I have a friend who I worked with who lives there. It's definitely a commute.

Right? Atlanta is a really weirdly laid out city. We have a terribly confusing infrastructure and all roads are named Peachtree.

And we all hope one day for the great northern arc. Sigh....
One Cheersport, I was lost on Peachtree for over an hour once looking for the Hyatt. At one point the concierge on the phone just laughed at me, which I found infuriating under the circumstances. I HATE Atl traffic! If we're driving to Florida, we always plan our leave time around what time we will pass through Atlanta.

Im sure the question has already been answered but they are not moving to GA...it was an issue with the website that publishes their website haha. a bizarre mix up nonetheless but CA is staying west coast at this point haha

Back