It's Tough Choosing A...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 5, 2013
song for 9-11 year old girls!

I feel like they're too old for Disney mixes but way too young for some of the more upbeat, radio hit mixes that I keep considering. I'm kind of lost as to which direction I should head in. I even suggested a Justin Bieber mix (thinking that they'd love that) and half of them gave me an "ew" face! I need 3 minutes of something for their routine.

Any suggestions? I would post this in the music section but I'm a "newbie" still and need ideas by Friday! (Sorry!)

Amanda :cool:

I feel like they're too old for Disney mixes but way too young for some of the more upbeat, radio hit mixes that I keep considering. I'm kind of lost as to which direction I should head in. I even suggested a Justin Bieber mix (thinking that they'd love that) and half of them gave me an "ew" face! I need 3 minutes of something for their routine.

Any suggestions? I would post this in the music section but I'm a "newbie" still and need ideas by Friday! (Sorry!)

One Direction or Taylor Swift?

Kelly Clarkson
Maroon 5
Any of the GLEE songs
Black Eyed Peas

Always search for clean version or radio edit. That way if there are any inappropriate words, the radio edit doesn't have them. I drive a carpool of 9-12 year olds and the above is what they always listen to, in addition to Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and One Direction.

We just used One Direction for 9 and 10 year olds. They loved it. Radio Disney has some good options. I check out the top 30 when I need to find something for that crowd.

Radio Disney! I'm so loading that station on my Pandora right this second. I think that if I choose music they know and can sing along to, they'll like it more. So that's what I'm going to listen for. Thanks for the responses!

Older, upbeat Hannah Montana and Glee songs would be perfect!

My daughter is doing an individual with a mix of Hannah Montana music. The song "Supergirl" is a fantastic sng for dance for that age, IMO. Look it up!

What's wrong with "It's Britney, B!@#&" They're playing it on the radio, must be okay. (I am kidding, I have a youth-aged CP). She loves the Scream N Shout song, but I tell her it is not okay to say The B word.

I think I need to go bed, I am snickering thinking about the appropriate lyrics rule.

Oooh never thought of Radio Disney.. that's brilliant!

I'm trying to think of the songs that I used in my routines.... Miley Cyrus, some of the older Pink songs (not sure if a whole song would be appropriate though), Unstoppable by Kat Deluna, Rockstar by Prima J, Hilary Duff, Aly and AJ - old Disney stars that tried putting out an album usually have a couple great upbeat songs that are appropriate and cute for that age group.

Believe it or not there are actually some great pop songs that are both clean and fun at the same time. Some great mixes can be made out of Rihanna! Great for ripples and level changes depending on your tumbling level some Katy Perry Songs are really good options! Best of Luck! If you even need any help message me.

I asked them and they are all about a Taylor Swift mix right now, lol. They were so pumped when I mentioned it. I was looking for an older 90's mix too but gave up. I want it to be, like someone said back in the thread or another thread (not sure), something they know and like a lot so that they can sing along and hopefully it'll make them listen a little better when I'm trying to teach it!!

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm keeping my options open!

I had my 9 year olds team give me a list of suggestions and I picked from that. They said a lot of Katy Perry, some One Direction, and some Kelly Clarkson. Ask your kids what they want

Back