All-Star Jamfest Supernationals Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was very well-written. But if you want to get your message out, you probably should have posted this in a different thread - like the thread on Trinity's music. This thread doesn't get all that much traffic outside of Jamfest S/N's regular competitors and is less aggressive on this topic.
and if you took that as me attacking your post, I appologize; just gets old seeing posts about my team so much lol. no hard feelings!

and if you took that as me attacking your post, I appologize; just gets old seeing posts about my team so much lol. no hard feelings!

I'm glad you said something. I think people are just too quick to judge these days with he said she said rumors created for some people's own fascination. Sad cold world right?

I'm glad you said something. I think people are just too quick to judge yall with just he said she said rumors created for some people's fascination. Sad cold world right?
I waited a whole 72 hours to say something! hahah and yes it is sad. Especially how quick people are to jump at any chance to fuel these rumors. Like for instance, I was constantly asked this summer how many jetskis were bought for the team.......... :confused: really....... thats just absurd. But at this point I just find it all ammusing, along with my team, because not many people know the truth behind it all.

I waited a whole 72 hours to say something! hahah and yes it is sad. Especially how quick people are to jump at any chance to fuel these rumors. Like for instance, I was constantly asked this summer how many jetskis were bought for the team.......... :confused: really....... thats just absurd. But at this point I just find it all ammusing, along with my team, because not many people know the truth behind it all.

Thats crazy smh......and yet we are suppose to stick together as a cheer community......I guess when pigs fly. I just find it extremely rude and mean at what people are saying. Oh and I find your teams music very sarcastic lol ;)

Thats crazy smh......and yet we are suppose to stick together as a cheer community......I guess when pigs fly. I just find it extremely rude and mean at what people are saying. Oh and I find your teams music very sarcastic lol ;)
I could understand if the hate was fueled from legit facts, but it seemed to have appeared out of no where... well i know exactly where but i wont point fingers.....:wasntme:(jp)

but yes if anyone thinks our music is truly objectifying those rumors, lets be forreal here... everyone has cocky voiceovers in their music, even the not so good teams. so why is it that my team gets put on blast for ours?! makes sense right? lol

I could understand if the hate was fueled from legit facts, but it seemed to have appeared out of no where... well i know exactly where but i wont point fingers.....:wasntme:(jp)

but yes if anyone thinks our music is truly objectifying those rumors, lets be forreal here... everyone has cocky voiceovers in their music, even the not so good teams. so why is it that my team gets put on blast for ours?! makes sense right? lol

i agree 100% and was thinking the same thing..........makes no sense why people blow things to the extreme when all they had to do is ask. Thats why im so glad you provided us with some insight.

OK Ellenwood. I see you. :) Does Ellenwood normally go to Supernationals, or is this new for them? I don't remember them going before (but I could be completely crazy).

Last year, the same weekend, Ellenwood was at the Athletic Championships in Chattanooga, TN. They are a great gym!

You know, since CoachTamara posted about you we have been patiently waiting for you to post something on here about your team's success this past weekend so we could give them a shimmy or two. C'mon already! ;)

Aww you're too kind. My Senior 4 had a very successful weekend. They did really well on both days, minus some tumbling deductions and some nerves on Sunday trying to stay in first. I could not be more proud of them. For our first time in large gym and our first time at Supernationals, I couldn't be more thrilled. I will post a video as soon as I upload one.
My Senior 3 really stepped it up from the past few weeks (been rough) and kind of figured their lives out so to speak. They really performed on both days and that meant more to me than anything. They ended up in 2nd and I was so thrilled for them. I think they just needed a confidence boost and I can't wait to capitalize on that.

how about we hear some reasoning from the mouth of a Trinity cheerleader..

I left Georgia, along with a few other athletes at Trinity, because of the lack of respect Jamie Parrish has for ANYONE who isnt right in his eyes.. has he provided a great cheerleading expirience for me over the past few years? yes. But when an old coach (Gianni DeNegri) provides an oppurtunity to help me get my life started in return for being on his team, and I get harassed and torn apart by Jamie just because I went to see Gianni, it really shows that someone whos always told me they love me like a child, really only cares about himself and how he is viewed by others.

Lets clarify some things for everyone:

1) I have not been paid a dime since I stepped foot into Trinity Athletics, nor has any other athlete on the team
(I am on scholarship because of the skills I provide, and because of lack of money, therefor I do not pay tuition.. same deal I had at GA)

2) If by our "behavior" and "lack of class" you mean us congratulating every team that placed ahead of us this weekend, than Im sorry you feel this way. How many conversations have you had with a Trinity cheerleader? ....... chirp

3) Our music has got to be the most sarcastic thing I have heard in our life.. if anyone believes that someone would actually put "finest team money can buy" in their music and it be serious, chill out. Because of all the rumors of money and jetskis and houses that have been growing since the start (many created by JP), its only necessary to give the bullies nothing else to talk about when our music agrees with them. (PS, the Jamie Parrish voiceover mix was not heard by us until Jamie Parrish released it..... funny huh?)

4) if ANYONE wants to attack Corinth Davenport and her husband for reaching out into the lives of less fortunate kids and providing them with a safe place to escape their home lives in their less-than-safe neighborhoods, take a step back and think about the last time you've made an impact on someones life, because you might be over due.

This whole thing started as a way to make a HUGE impact on the lives of our athletes. It started as something far more important than cheerleading; in fact it continues to portray its benefits beyond cheerleading. These kids are beginning to see that there is life outside of, for some of them, the ghetto. It just happens to be that this life outside, is on Trinity D&G.

But everything is here nor there. Rumors will be spread with no solid evidence to stand behind them, and that is just the cheerleading world for ya. And for the people who believe them, once again, Im sorry you feel that way.

oh one more thing.... that day one performance was our 3rd time going full-out, due to injury after injury after injury on our team.... so please reconsider your opinion of it.

SORRY IM NOT SORRY ABOUT IT

I appreciate your post and it was well said. I just really disagree with the fundamentals of your argument. The team is extremely talented, but the approach is less than stellar, in my eyes. We can agree to disagree. It's like saying two wrongs make a right, and they don't. I can imagine the behind the scenes drama with Jamie, but is fighting these rumors and speculation with sarcasm and cockiness really the best approach? No. Because people don't all know the backstory. There are 3 sides to every story; yours, the other person's and then the truth. So all we're getting is the ridiculous voiceovers, cockiness, and the fact that tons of kids are on "scholarship", reports on homes being purchased. It leaves a bad taste in peoples' mouth for a team trying to make a first impression.
And I think being on "scholarship" is the same as being paid. Payments are being made on your behalf, in return for your services.
I have no personal vendetta on Trinity or the athletes, especially. But from the outside looking in, it's not looking so great. I would have changed my approach to make myself more well recieved in the cheer community, especially when all eyes are on you.

We were there the year before last. We had such an awesome weekend this weekend, I am still grinning from ear to ear. We took 8 teams, and had 6 1st place, 2nd place, 4 national champion, and 1 grand champion, which was mp cp's Sr.1 team. I had a ball this weekend and hope to have my voice back by tomorrow. All of the nice comments about the gym really made me smile. I love the program, and it is a great gym:)
Your Sr 1 team was amazingly humble as well. My CP is on the UA Jr 1 team that was in the same Grand Champion awards as you, and the girls were all so nice.

I appreciate your post and it was well said. I just really disagree with the fundamentals of your argument. The team is extremely talented, but the approach is less than stellar, in my eyes. We can agree to disagree. It's like saying two wrongs make a right, and they don't. I can imagine the behind the scenes drama with Jamie, but is fighting these rumors and speculation with sarcasm and cockiness really the best approach? No. Because people don't all know the backstory. There are 3 sides to every story; yours, the other person's and then the truth. So all we're getting is the ridiculous voiceovers, cockiness, and the fact that tons of kids are on "scholarship", reports on homes being purchased. It leaves a bad taste in peoples' mouth for a team trying to make a first impression.
And I think being on "scholarship" is the same as being paid. Payments are being made on your behalf, in return for your services.
I have no personal vendetta on Trinity or the athletes, especially. But from the outside looking in, it's not looking so great. I would have changed my approach to make myself more well recieved in the cheer community, especially when all eyes are on you.

Very well said! I couldn't agree with you more!

TheUltimateFan Here's a video of my Senior 4. Definitely tumbling issues. haha We changed it all last night at practice, so now we have squad tumbling and cleaner passes. :)

Fire Day 1 in Indy | Facebook
I think you are being too modest. This team shoulda - and probably coulda - beat some of the Level 5 teams there. Even with Level 4 tumbling. ;)

Pretty impressive. Thanks for posting the link!

Back