All-Star Just Because You Are 17...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No one said she can't or won't be successful. It was more of wondering whether she realized what goes into having a gym and the business side of things. I don't think wishing her luck or having genuine concern makes someone a moron but to each their own.

I can't stand the hating. Just because you are 17 doesn't mean you can't be successful.
Gabi has more experience and has been coached by some of the top names in cheer. She runs sold out clinics. She has the support of family and friends. If she wants to have 1 team or 10, I think that is awesome that she wants to share her love and knowledge of cheer. I know a big name person who started a gym at the age of 18. He's still successful.
Their are tons of successful 17 year olds in this world. It's different though because it's cheerleading? Is that what I'm reading? People, cheer is cut throat enough. We have kids getting bullied and committing suicide from cheering and yall are worried about Gabi starting a team and people hating on other gyms. Recheck what's more important. Ps. She isn't running her own books or coaching. Morons.(Drops mic)

Wow. Morons?

You sound like someone who has a close personal tie to this. How much did you invest?

BTW, in case you don't see the hypocrisy here, you start with the words "I can't stand the hating" and then end with calling people "morons."

:rolleyes:

@Lisa M - in what capacity are you an industry professional? Just curious since calling people morons isn't something most industry professionals do.
Not everyone on this board will have the same opinion that you do. People may not think that a 17 year old announcing they are opening a gym or program is a wise decision but I haven't seen any "hate" posted regarding this topic. In fact, your post is the most negative and insulting of any posts I have seen.

Wait people are committing suicide from cheering? As far as I know nobody has committed suicide because of cheerleading - there have been male cheerleaders bullied by outsiders who have committed suicide but that's not because of cheerleading. They didn't do that because they lost a competition or had a hard practice. That's because of people who don't respect the sport/are homophobic and think cheer makes you gay and has absolutely zero relation to this message board or Gabi opening a gym. HOWEVER I feel like if you've actually witnessed this then you're the one who needs to recheck your priorities and instead of getting mad at people for expressing their opinions you should work on stopping bullies and counseling these kids that you speak of.

Lisa M, that is what you are calling yourself... I am writing and speaking as a Mom with a 27 y.o. and a 12 y.o. and roam this Earth for an half a century... I gave and given the same advice that I will give to my children, slow down and take the rare luxury of being a youth... I wish every young person, Good Luck, but I want these young a person to get a chance to experience life as a kid, first!
We already seen what can happen when a young person is rush or push into Adults, that is all I am saying...

I believe I said that I wished her all of the luck in the world, but that doesn't improve her odds of being successful---that is something time will play out.

@Lisa M - in what capacity are you an industry professional? Just curious since calling people morons isn't something most industry professionals do.
Not everyone on this board will have the same opinion that you do. People may not think that a 17 year old announcing they are opening a gym or program is a wise decision but I haven't seen any "hate" posted regarding this topic. In fact, your post is the most negative and insulting of any posts I have seen.
Lisa M is an industry professional?

**Release the hounds**

Back