All-Star Keeping Mats From Shifting On Spring Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2012
I'm curious how other gyms keep their mats from shifting on the spring floors. I have seen some people use Velcro strips to the wood.

Personally, I'm a fan of a trick I learned from the floors at woodward, cutting 4, 5-6 foot strips of a Velcro and wrapping it in an almost "figure-8" fashion around each corner of the floor. It attaches to the foam, down around the wood and spring, then back up to the foam. It seems to work well for a while. But what else have people come up with?

At my gym we use velcro strips (aka, the "lines" separating the half mats lol) and the velcro extends out onto the floor (which is the same kind of mats) both ways (forward and backwards). if that makes sense ?lol

We have velcro under the wood and then huge, very thick velcro that run along all 4 sides of the floor covering the edges. It tucks over from on top of the mats to under the wood on all 4 sides. It's an expensive way to do it but came as part of the cost when we bought the floor.

Wow. I didn't know there was an alternative to gathering around the sides of the mat, wave thing to move it back into place.

Places like Ross and Tiffin make foam borders for the floors (the red vinyl ones you see at comps). They do a nice job of keeping everything in place, if you're willing to spend the money.

We put a short piece of Velcro at the corners and in the idle that loops around a spring and comes back to the floor. Works great since its harder to 'fluff' cheer floors than it is gymnastics floors

Back