OT Kids say the darndest things!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My freshman year in college i was working at the gym and someone called out one day. my coach asked me to fill in and do a tumbling class of six 4 year olds. at one point i realized one was missing and i freaked out. turns out she was hiding under a crash mat. i asked her what she was doing and she told me she was taking a nap. and then her sister joined her. i said, "don't you guys want to tumble?" and they responded with "no we need a nap!" so all six of them wanted to take a nap instead of tumble .....it actually worked out well because they would "nap" between me spotting each one of them haha.. i just had no idea how to react to that. I've never heard of 4 year olds wanting to take naps.

I love some of the things kids come out with!! My gorgeous little cousin Trixie (who's 3 and a half) was playing with her toy caterpillar phone, pressing the buttons and making is continuously ring:

Me: Trix, are you gonna answer the phone?
Trixie: *looks at me curiously* Why?
Me: Because it's ringing, don't you wanna know who's ringing you?
Trizie: Well, I can't. I've got a text message.

Also, she's got a job waiting in the CIA when she's older I'm sure, as a negotiator:

Dad: You can't have desert until you've eaten your carrots.
Trixie: *pushes three carrots to one side of her plate and the rest of the to the other* Well, I'll tell you what. I'll eat three and then I'll have desert. Is that good with you?

I have no idea where she gets these things from but it's hilarious to watch!

Amylia xxx

I coach youth cheer, and pre-school gymnastics, and my kids come out with THE funniest things....

One of the boys in the pre-school class said this to my friend...
Him:You look different today? what did you do?
Her: Im wearing make up today..(she was going out after practice)
Him: Why?
Her:Becuase its meant to make me look pretty for when I go out
Him: When's it going to work then?

HAHAHAHAHA I just cracked up laughingg

Andd at the end of some lessons we do the thumb test, where if you had a great time, you show thumbs up, ok time middle thumbs, bad time, thumbs down...
Anyway, one of the boys had his hands at middle way, and I said, what could we do in the lesson to make it so your tumbs show that you had a great time? And he just said..."Well you could just move my tumbs up like this..." totally not getting the idea of what I meant,
hahah LOL

I love my job
x

"I can't do my pike to the left...I can only do it to the right."

First year competitor at choreography camp...."Are they going to turn the music down so the judges can hear us snap?"
Working on toe touches...."I have to look at my toes, because I don't where they are!"
quote]

Story of my life in 3 quotes aahhahahhahah! I totally understand this little girl- Aged 14 I still can't do pikes to the left:/ FACT.

My cousins Emily and Patrick are super duper close. Patrick is the nicest kid (he's 22) and he hangs out with Emmy all the time (she's 5). One day, Emmy was at home with her parents, Eddie and Gina. She kept calling him Father, so my aunt gina said "Em, just call him dad!" and she looks at her and says "Patrick is my DAD, Edward is my FATHER."

And I always dress in yoga pants, t-shirt, and messy bun to teach the class, so one day I walked in in jeans, with my hair straight, and a nice sweater on (I hadn't had time to change after school) and one of the boys named Mike raised his hand and said "I just wanted to make it know that you look stunning today!" The whole class started consulting with each other and agreeing with him. I just started to laugh and told them they made my day.

And don't even get me started about the comments/questions they have when I'm in the middle of reading the book to them since they can't read. Some of my favorites:

"Do you think Jesus will make sure I have cowboy boots on before I go to heaven? I wouldn't want to go to heaven without looking my best for Jesus."

"Did you know that my kindergarten teacher had to pull a rock out of my nose today?" To which I replied with "What does that have anything to do with the lesson?" and he said "It doesn't, but I just thought you might have wanted to know."

"Do pineapples have feelings like us?"

"But sometimes when I yell at my sister it makes me feel so powerful."

"Jesus must not have had brothers or sisters or he wouldn't have put "Thou shalt not kill" in his rule book"

We were going over the ten commandments and the one time this kid Cody is paying attention he asks the question "What does Adultery mean? I think I may have did adultery once."

"Why would Jesus steal Santa's holiday from him? That's sort of mean for Jesus to do."

My cousins Emily and Patrick are super duper close. Patrick is the nicest kid (he's 22) and he hangs out with Emmy all the time (she's 5). One day, Emmy was at home with her parents, Eddie and Gina. She kept calling him Father, so my aunt gina said "Em, just call him dad!" and she looks at her and says "Patrick is my DAD, Edward is my FATHER."

And I always dress in yoga pants, t-shirt, and messy bun to teach the class, so one day I walked in in jeans, with my hair straight, and a nice sweater on (I hadn't had time to change after school) and one of the boys named Mike raised his hand and said "I just wanted to make it know that you look stunning today!" The whole class started consulting with each other and agreeing with him. I just started to laugh and told them they made my day.

And don't even get me started about the comments/questions they have when I'm in the middle of reading the book to them since they can't read. Some of my favorites:

"Do you think Jesus will make sure I have cowboy boots on before I go to heaven? I wouldn't want to go to heaven without looking my best for Jesus."

"Did you know that my kindergarten teacher had to pull a rock out of my nose today?" To which I replied with "What does that have anything to do with the lesson?" and he said "It doesn't, but I just thought you might have wanted to know."

"Do pineapples have feelings like us?"

"But sometimes when I yell at my sister it makes me feel so powerful."

"Jesus must not have had brothers or sisters or he wouldn't have put "Thou shalt not kill" in his rule book"

We were going over the ten commandments and the one time this kid Cody is paying attention he asks the question "What does Adultery mean? I think I may have did adultery once."

"Why would Jesus steal Santa's holiday from him? That's sort of mean for Jesus to do."
These are all hilarious!

My kids take everything literally:
I kept emphasizing to a girl on minis to point her toes in her jump, she kept saying she was, though her feet were clearly flexed. After much back and forth I realized her toes were perfectly pointed inside her shoe, it was just the rest of her foot that she had left behind.

I was spotting a 5 year old on a BHS i told her to keep her arms by her ears. She jumped back and grabbed her ears with her hands, luckily for her I was spotting very closely.

Yesterday at my competition when I was in the bathroom doing my hair these two little girls came in with an older girl. They washed their hands and the girl who was about the middle age looked at the oldest one and said "tell her to stop hitting my every time she sees me!" The youngest turns to her and says "I don't hit you eevvery time i see you!"
It was so cute, we could not stop laughing!

Back