All-Star Lady Bullets.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can fix your skirt or pull down your top if it rides up, but it was a little overboard when she was fixing everything. That was excessive. It's not as big of a deal as everyone is making it, but yes it was a little annoying. She's a great tumbler though!

omg she was just fixing her skirt and top? So what? She had one spare second during the routine and needed to adjust her uniform a little bit. To even bring that up is ridiculous. I'm not even sure how one could even notice that.

ETA: LOVEEEE Cali's changes and hope they kill it at worlds :)

i guess that lady had to tell us her point of view! it errrrrks me because fixing your uniform or bow is completely fine...maybe not for her cuz she may coach level 1,2,3 BUT everyone has fixed something while on the floor, its not on the NCA or Worlds scoresheet that if you pick your wedgie you'll lose! LOL these girls can transition and pick their nose, they are still fieeeeerce!
Actually, in gymnastics (at least when I competed) it IS a deduction to touch any part of your uniform while performing. I don't care if you've got a wedgie up to your ears, you're gonna have to leave your bottom the way it is. I've performed with my lower half moderately exposed because my coach would have been ticked for me to get such a silly deduction, and I waited til I was off the floor to touch it. I've also known people to continue on with a theatrical performance even though they're exposed due to 'wardrobe malfunction.' People do it all the time, and in some cases I prefer it being avoided whenever possible. I get skirt adjusting if you're in the back and nobody's looking, but if you're constantly having to fix yourself, I consider it ridiculously distracting (ie- the TG 'ref/controversy' uni, where a major note of contention was the uni's constant need for pulling and tugging to be correct)..

And while this isn't gymnastics or theater, was there not a picture people commented on (I forget what thread it was a part of) where two athletes were noticed in the back where they looked like they were hanging out at the back of the mat instead of being focused on what was happening? Someone will remember this..I think it was the action photos thread? We had a good chuckle about it..

haha I just think it was funny :) Definitely not anything serious...but anyways what an amazing routine though!! So perfect!

i guess that lady had to tell us her point of view! it errrrrks me because fixing your uniform or bow is completely fine...maybe not for her cuz she may coach level 1,2,3 BUT everyone has fixed something while on the floor, its not on the NCA or Worlds scoresheet that if you pick your wedgie you'll lose! LOL these girls can transition and pick their nose, they are still fieeeeerce!

I don't have a problem with the girl adjusting her uniform, it's not like she was front and center. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure if you had a bunch of girls adjusting themselves from formation to formation it could effect the formation/transition score on a scoresheet, no?

As a member of the Teal Army I'm feeling the love for the Cali Army. Armageddon in Orlando. So, do we agree it is "pickie" to criticize a wedgie adjustment? But really, be nice to the coaches young soldiers, they are only trying to help, that is just how they roll.

Back