All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see people depleting their savings in order to keep up the facade of this cheer life and that can't be maintained indefinitely.

I don't think I thought too much about this until I became a parent myself.

Every financial and time commitment choice you make for cheer takes away from something else.

Example:

Bid chasing for cheer = bye bye to that family cruise your sister and brother in law are planning. You'll be chasing the bid at Cheersport. Even if you weren't, you couldn't afford it.

Back-to-back cheer comps = weekends away from other children at home with sitters or the one non-traveling parent (unless they're coming with you.)

3x per week of driving 2 hours each way to practice = Little Brother can't participate in basketball because there is no one to take him to practices. Or one parent has to be the one to take him.

Spending $x,000 per season on cheer = sorry other daughter, we can't afford that dance class you want.

Carpool and other duties each week = that mom's book club you SO want to be in? Nope! You are shuttling cheerleaders every other day. You have no time for your own interests.

Then there's little things like ACTUALLY SITTING DOWN FOR DINNER. How many times do you get to do that?

Being a parent has changed a lot about how I prioritize things and how I expect parents of kids I coach to prioritize things. Ex: I coach HS but I don't do emergency practice because I don't like the stress it puts on parents to rearrange life at the last minute. I certainly can't do that with my own kid (he's younger, but I wouldn't be dragging him out for an emergency tee ball practice.)

I'd LOVE to see Rockstar's financials. They've bought/taken-over/whatever they're doing to THREE gyms in ONE MONTH. While their original location has had its successes, I also don't find them to be a big enough name to really draw in new customers to keep these businesses up and running... time will tell I guess.

Is Solon Ohio a nice place to live in Cleveland? Asking since I know parts of cleveland is poorer than others.

I'd LOVE to see Rockstar's financials. They've bought/taken-over/whatever they're doing to THREE gyms in ONE MONTH. While their original location has had its successes, I also don't find them to be a big enough name to really draw in new customers to keep these businesses up and running... time will tell I guess.

Would be interesting to see.

Sparta has got nothing on FIerceboard.

I find this thread fascinating. Things are definitely very different for us in NZ although what you experience now may be an indicator of what is in our future so I am following with interest! We have 14 locations (plus two others which are offshoots). Some of our considerations (amongst other things) in looking at expanding to a new location (and when I say expanding I mean set up new location from scratch not buy out) are:

Population
Other activities in the area
Demographic of the area
Socio-economic factors
Can we staff it appropriately past the initial season (this is a biggie there is certainly not an over supply of experienced coaches in NZ)
Will numbers stack up
Risk

We do not consider what other gyms do, competitions etc. We just do what is best for us.

How many of these new Rockstar gyms have been announced/purchased/started for the 2016-2017 season? Because the Wiki for 2015-2016 shows Rockstar only having 13 teams (none of which are specified by location) and I find that hard to believe when they now have eleven locations..

unless each team gets its own gym ;)

There is a place called the snow belt? I want to make sure I avoid that area!

No one can claim fierceboard isn't educational!
Lol! Yes, the dreaded "snow belt" actually exists. The areas in the snow belt can get 3 feet of snow while surrounding areas can get just a dusting of snow. There are some REALLY nice areas in the snow belt too, but I'll take a pass! Thanks to the snow belt and lake effect snow we also have had the advent of a thing called the "Blizzard Bag". Snow days are no fun when the schools send home these Blizzard Bags of school work when really bad weather is anticipated.

I personally wouldn't travel towards this area for Allstar cheer. The commute in these areas can be really bad with rush hour traffic as it is. However, I can see MANY people wanting to make the commute to CA Columbus. It is an easy drive on I-71.

How far is the new rockstar location in ohio to the new cheer athletics location?

i am not familiar with the area at all.

I guess I always assumed they were just selling their name. If they aren't, wow!

Back