All-Star Male's Parts In Routines!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 20, 2012
So, me being a male in the routine(for the record, if it matters, the only male), I feel like we get the really fun parts in the routine.

We kind of have to be the center of attention for some parts, just for the reason that we are the male.

Like our dance, being the boy, I don't care how I look , because I know I'm a horrible dancer but It looks really cool!

Any cool parts for boys out there??

I'm one of the boys on my team and have always wanted a showcase part... I used to be the center of attention being the only boy on my old team (I was also like the star tumbler which was so fun! being in the center and all), but now I'm one of 8... It's known by everyone on the team that I'm probably one of the only males on the team that can actually dance and can pick up new choreography fast, so probably why I never get anything special because the rest can't comply or do the same...

I've always wanted something special tho... Our gym is good at giving the boys about an 8 count of the dance for us to be highlighted or in the front... So that's good. I just hate how the guys are always in charge of lifting girls, and they tend to get the crappy parts in the dance... I know that, that is what is precedented and what has always happened but I prefer to actually dance at the end... not lift people and throw up a stunt in the last 8 count... Mixed emotions.

this is one of my favourite parts from a routine last year
tumblr_mbyuwrW6hl1rygw84o1_400.jpg

dance at 230 and this section at 237 i love it

I'm one of the boys on my team and have always wanted a showcase part... I used to be the center of attention being the only boy on my old team (I was also like the star tumbler which was so fun! being in the center and all), but now I'm one of 8... It's known by everyone on the team that I'm probably one of the only males on the team that can actually dance and can pick up new choreography fast, so probably why I never get anything special because the rest can't comply or do the same...

I've always wanted something special tho... Our gym is good at giving the boys about an 8 count of the dance for us to be highlighted or in the front... So that's good. I just hate how the guys are always in charge of lifting girls, and they tend to get the crappy parts in the dance... I know that, that is what is precedented and what has always happened but I prefer to actually dance at the end... not lift people and throw up a stunt in the last 8 count... Mixed emotions.

Maybe all the other boys who aren't comfortable with the dance could do the stunting bits in the dance etc. and you could be featured as the one boy actually rocking out the dance with the girls? :)

I actually love a great guy dancer. If I can highlight one, I will. Always. Just something about those boys that can dance!

Recently saw Herndon High school- they have 3 male cheerleaders. One at one point was the point flyer. Another was the center dancer. They looked awesome. So it can be done and look great and they won the district championship this year.

Tried to find current video - found last year on You Tube Herndon High School cheer 2011 state competition (sorry I have no clue how to link it - not that savvy). Last year also had male flyer and he was the center of the pyramid - that said I think this year even more - you should see how high this guy flies this year. This team the guys are far more than props - the whole team rocks but the guys seriously stand out - and all were named to the All District team as well!

Back