All-Star March 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, in your opinion, my teams (since none of them are maxed out on athletes) should not be able to max out on their stunt quantity. Is that what you were saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
correct. I get the reasoning why the rule is the way it is (at least for the small division), but IMO it is easier/less risky to go 19 and get full credit for 4 elite groups than 20 with 5 and I don't feel it should be rewarded, which it basically is since there is no difference in point value. Many (not all) teams are taking this route not because they can't field a full team, but because there is a bigger benefit to not doing so. I especially feel this way in medium and large divisions - if you don't have the full amount of athletes than you have the option to go to a different division.

correct. I get the reasoning why the rule is the way it is (at least for the small division), but IMO it is easier/less risky to go 19 and get full credit for 4 elite groups than 20 with 5 and I don't feel it should be rewarded, which it basically is since there is no difference in point value. Many (not all) teams are taking this route not because they can't field a full team, but because there is a bigger benefit to not doing so. I especially feel this way in medium and large divisions - if you don't have the full amount of athletes than you have the option to go to a different division.
EXACTLY. There is a much larger margin for error with 5 groups versus 4. I think gyms who intentionally do this are copping out and shouldn't get full credit. Many teams who form teams of 18 or 19 are not small gyms, they have the ability to field 20 athletes however they strategically pick 19 kids so they can get away with 4 groups.

While I don't agree with your opinion, I understand what you're saying, and I totally believe that teams do it for their own benefit. I can say that while my teams were not intentionally planned to be under the max amount, I have been thankful for it several times. Most of our teams are small. Our mini 1 has 10 kids, our youth 2 has 17, our junior 4 has 14, our 4.2 has 22 and our R5 has 17. These numbers weren't strategic, in fact they were very different than the beginning of this season since we had kids quit when they didn't like their team placement. We made the numbers work for us, with as few crossovers as possible.

(I don't know that the other athlete numbers are 100% accurate because they're honestly probably all wrong, I only know my own team's numbers for sure that I listened earlier. I have no idea what prep teams have.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY. There is a much larger margin for error with 5 groups versus 4. I think gyms who intentionally do this are copping out and shouldn't get full credit. Many teams who form teams of 18 or 19 are not small gyms, they have the ability to field 20 athletes however they strategically pick 19 kids so they can get away with 4 groups.

This is interesting... Do you guys consider gyms to be "taking advantage" of the situation or to be "strategically planning" within the rules?

This is interesting... Do you guys consider gyms to be "taking advantage" of the situation or to be "strategically planning" within the rules?
I think gyms who do this are manipulating the score sheet. No rules are being broken but it is definitely unfair for those programs who put up 5 elite stunt groups. I think this shows the errors in our ruling system and I hope the all mighty USASF addresses it in the near future.

Trust me I understand the #smallgymstruggle, my issue lies with intentional squads of 19 of a gym that has over 150 kids.

Am I the only one surprised to see both big programs at a small local competition? I can only imagine the tension.

none.. WC only brought shooting stars and little dippers .. overall the competition only had 2-3 programs, and a few rec teams.. very small .. and questionable judging.

ive noticed that cja goes to alot of those small local competitions.
From what I recalled, many of the big programs will attend these small meets before national competitions to perform either new material in front of a crowd, to have new elements performed in front of a crowd and judged, perform before judges similar to national competition judges or judges who judge at the bigger competitions...However, I am not 100% accurate on the judgiing comments, I am simply repeating information that I heard....

PS: I believe WC and CJA share more of a symbiotic relationship due to athlete sharing and each side may have family members on the other side...lol!

WCSS:

Their tumbling technique is pretty stellar. Like, look at the landings on doubles in running tumbling (barring the TB in the most recent vid, it is always super clean.)

I am seriously thanking God that to this point, nothing catastrophic has happened re: the giant banner! It goes up without a hitch every time!

Back