Middle Split Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 11, 2012
I am about 6 inches off the ground and would really like to have it all the way down and i just dont feel like I'm getting anywhere. Everyday what I do is: hold it for 30 seconds then do some hip flexor stretches then really push myself for 30 seconds. what else will help???

What she said. Do all wall split like this for 5-10 minutes every day:

AzaLuHgCEAArvoP.jpg

What she said. Do all wall split like this for 5-10 minutes every day:

AzaLuHgCEAArvoP.jpg

ouch! that looks dangerous! haha i've never had a coach stand on me (knock on wood) but yes! wall splits! they help a lot, especially if you have ankle weights on (i think they do in the pic) or have your mom or dad push your legs down

I have my kid stretch straight out of the shower. That way her muscles are nice & relaxed :) She has never even had to really work on her right split, but her left one she has all the way down about 50% of the time. She definately has to work on it to keep it. If she loses it and then gets it back, sometime she will sit in it and play the Wii or something, haha.

Wall stretches! There's the one in the picture plus two other versions I know of...
The first, sit in straddle facing the wall and push yourself forward, try to get your legs straight against the wall!
The second, lie on your stomach with your legs behind you, feet against the wall, and push yourself back against the wall, while spreading your legs. Once again, try to get your legs flat against the wall. This one is super hard!

go down as far as you can until you feel the slight pain of a stretch, then hold it until the pain is totally gone, then go down a little more....do this at LEAST once a day for as long as you can, maybe while you're watching TV or something like that. Also make sure you're warming up your muscles before you stretch so that you don't accidentally tear something!

Back