All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What I'm now assuming is possible tendinitis in my knee. Not sure how but assuming its from when I had to tumble on regular cheer mats/ marley at WSF in December and that Monday when I was at the gym I suddenly couldn't straighten my leg when I was walking or squat down low. I had thought it got better but I still hurts even now after sitting for any length of time. Or again to squat i can't do it.
And possibly in my elbow... More recently from tumbling also at dance.

I do t get hurt Tumbling at cheer.... Hmmmmmm

Well, ive totally destroyed my knee now but yes there has been growth. My misfortune has helped, but all the gyms im involved with now have anti-ACL tear programs and other knee health training. Im glad I can help, and still know tons of girls who battle injuries, as they are part of the sport, but any progress can help

well this one time.... being stupid in warmups, when I wasnt even competing. I decided to do a double back with no warmup, turns out when I get really hyped I go super high and rotate super slow in double backs... i did not know this. Opened up early, broke both of my ankles and tore ligaments in the left one, but still got up and walked away.... and then fell. Now i get to sit and watch my team practice while I dunk my legs in an ice bucket :banghead: but I will be back on the floor this weekend to stunt!

Pulled a tendon in the back of my ankle by coming off the front of a one and a half up in our first stunts. That one felt amazing. I'll be surprised if the junior team that was practicing with us isn't scarred for life.

I recently broke my ankle and tore three ligaments in my foot. I was doing a round off whip whip and after the first whip I just landed wrong:(
I was trying to learn a whip layout, and the first time I connected it both of my ankles rolled to the sides. I couldnt walk for like the next day and they were sore for weeeeks.

Back