All-Star Motivation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2010
hello fierceboard,
so I coach a Jr team, lately this team has been struggling, I feel like they are lacking motivation, they already have majority of their routine done but, I feel like there is no effort compared to all the other teams I coach, all my other teams come in ready to work! rarely have to get on them to line up/ get set and do it again, this team talks a lot, gives up very easily, to another coach out there, what are somethings you recommend to get this team the motivation, cause in summer it was a completely different team. just any pointers from other coaches out there would be awesome.
thank you :)

hello fierceboard,
so I coach a Jr team, lately this team has been struggling, I feel like they are lacking motivation, they already have majority of their routine done but, I feel like there is no effort compared to all the other teams I coach, all my other teams come in ready to work! rarely have to get on them to line up/ get set and do it again, this team talks a lot, gives up very easily, to another coach out there, what are somethings you recommend to get this team the motivation, cause in summer it was a completely different team. just any pointers from other coaches out there would be awesome.
thank you :)

I've had teams like this. My paper tigers I call them bc "on paper" they're awesome but at practice and on the mat they're not.
They were a different team this summer? Does that mean they used to be motivated? What's changed to cause the de-motivation? It could be a whole slew of reasons. Boredom, negative teammates, etc.
There are lots of ways to help an otherwise healthy team get back on track so just take a look at all the variables.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Maybe you could get a senior at your gym to give them a pep talk. Show them videos of what they could be doing, like summit videos, show them the rings.

Back