All-Star Motivational Speech By Tate Of Nfinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has there been anything that the USASF has done that was NOT in the general best interest of Varsity? truly just wondering? Also WHO exactly are the voting members on the USASF board? not who is on the board but who actually can vote on an issue?

Has there been anything that the USASF has done that was NOT in the general best interest of Varsity? truly just wondering? Also WHO exactly are the voting members on the USASF board? not who is on the board but who actually can vote on an issue?

Minutes?

I would assume all member of the board vote? To my knowledge, here is the board, although I think I am missing a few? Apologies for any name misspellings.

Jim Chadwick - Chairmen
Justin Carrier - NCA
Catherine Morris - UDA
Elaine Pascal - World Cup
Jeff Fowlkes - Cheersport
Jody Melton - Cheer Athletics
John Newby - UCA
Dan Kessler - Jam Brands
Lance Wagers - ACA
Mike Burgess - USA
Mac Hirshberg - Mac's Allstars
Happy Hooper - ACE
Steve Peterson - USASF
Colleen Little - Cheer America

I'm all for USASF and varsity. However I don't think that the USASF can effectively or non bias govern varsity knowing they basically own it and have non competes / a loan over them.

So until USASF really separates from varsity and becomes its own entity I'm not allowing control of me or my gym. It's not that I think varsity is bad. I just don't think it's right that USASF is in cahoots with varsity and that the governing wont be equal. ASGA is here to help. If people don't think ASGA is a legit organization just look around at what we have got started. With No money! Self funded by us personally we have open people's eyes and given gym owners a voice. Now it's being heard. By the way we have a website up A.S.G.A. - Giving Gym Owners a Voice - 12345 and a email address. ([email protected])

Can anyone tell me the website / email / phone number for NACCC? I can't locate it. Also between the two Facebook pages for ASGA we have over 2000 people talking and sharing ideas / helping each other everyday. We are here to help.

Yojaehs…."Also, I know there is an injury tracking plan in the process which will help PROVE what skills are the highest risk, making our sport safer."

Can you tell me where to look to find this tracking plan, who is doing it, etc? Thanks

The only thing I think off the top of my head is changing Large div from 36, 32. I think every EP lost money on that one, but small gyms begged for it.

Yojaehs…."Also, I know there is an injury tracking plan in the process which will help PROVE what skills are the highest risk, making our sport safer."

Can you tell me where to look to find this tracking plan, who is doing it, etc? Thanks
I wish I knew more about it but it is one thing that was discussed that I am HUGELY in favor of. Details of it I'm not aware of but I know that it is something being looked into. If you are able to track athletes and give them a "profile" so to speak (idk if that's what's being done but for the sake of my understanding so far) then you will be able to track how many athletes change divisions, gyms, when they are injured, how they were injured and what's done about it. Call me naive but I'm yet to see the negatives in the ID program. Not saying it will max out the potential positives (mainly because it's free and everyones complaining about it now) but the potential is unreal!

The only thing I think off the top of my head is changing Large div from 36, 32. I think every EP lost money on that one, but small gyms begged for it.

But which small gyms? Who pushed for it? Who voted for it? Or was it anecdotal evidence of the "we can't compete against XYZ Large so we will go Med or Small" type therefore they are "avoiding" competition?" Sometimes it just seems like we are trying to force things to fit that just don't fit.

It seems like small gyms become the scapegoat of things passed that are not favorable to the majority. When in many cases small gyms dont even attend meetings where rules are discussed and passed because they can not - they are working their other jobs.

But which small gyms? Who pushed for it? Who voted for it? Or was it anecdotal evidence of the "we can't compete against XYZ Large so we will go Med or Small" type therefore they are "avoiding" competition?" Sometimes it just seems like we are trying to force things to fit that just don't fit.

It seems like small gyms become the scapegoat of things passed that are not favorable to the majority. When in many cases small gyms dont even attend meetings where rules are discussed and passed because they can not - they are working their other jobs.
I am sorry, I assumed small gym. I should learn not to assume. I will say I am yet to talk to ONE large/medium gym that thought 32 was a good idea.

I wish I knew more about it but it is one thing that was discussed that I am HUGELY in favor of. Details of it I'm not aware of but I know that it is something being looked into. If you are able to track athletes and give them a "profile" so to speak (idk if that's what's being done but for the sake of my understanding so far) then you will be able to track how many athletes change divisions, gyms, when they are injured, how they were injured and what's done about it. Call me naive but I'm yet to see the negatives in the ID program. Not saying it will max out the potential positives (mainly because it's free and everyones complaining about it now) but the potential is unreal!

I see the benefits of the ID plan too. The underlying issue is - rightly or wrongly - that many just do not trust Varsity/USASF to be in charge of it at this time. That may be for many reasons - real and imagined; conspiracy theory and purposeful misinformation - but that seems to be the crux of it. If it was 5 years ago they probably would have little resistance.

I am sorry, I assumed small gym. I should learn not to assume. I will say I am yet to talk to ONE large/medium gym that thought 32 was a good idea.

No apologies needed. :) I haven't talked to one small gym either that thought is was a good idea. What they have said is that they felt that a smaller "large" team could not stack up against the 36 Large teams that are built expressly for winning Worlds. That is a totally different issue IMO and was not necessary of the drop to 32. Plus there was the issue of funding 12 boys to field a large 36 team. Some gyms just could not and would not do it which caused them to choose to drop from Large as well.

I see the benefits of the ID plan too. The underlying issue is - rightly or wrongly - that many just do not trust Varsity/USASF to be in charge of it at this time. That may be for many reasons - real and imagined; conspiracy theory and purposeful misinformation - but that seems to be the crux of it. If it was 5 years ago they probably would have little resistance.
So USASF creates and pushes for a positive and because people have had issues in other areas, anything they do is up for ripping to shreds? I'm sorry but I'm yet to hear one negative about the CURRENT ID program, other than it's slightly time consuming if your an unorganized program. Currently, the ID program has no negatives. Now I agree, perception is reality so doing things as Rudags suggested such as using a 3rd party is a great idea. But if a 3rd party does it does that now make it a good idea? So USASF has an ID program idea and the program is good, just not if run by them? Perfect no, good idea, yes. All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due.

Boo USASF you created a World Championships and you've grown to the point where seating is an issue because it's the ONLY competition that brings in EVERYONE. You created a premier event for our industry because no one could get it right. Your program isn't perfect but your growing our sport, so thank you!

No apologies needed. :) I haven't talked to one small gym either that thought is was a good idea. What they have said is that they felt that a smaller "large" team could not stack up against the 36 Large teams that are built expressly for winning Worlds. That is a totally different issue IMO and was not necessary of the drop to 32. Plus there was the issue of funding 12 boys to field a large 36 team. Some gyms just could not and would not do it which caused them to choose to drop from Large as well.
Ok, I'm gonna be off topic here BUT there are enough divisions and competitions if you can't hang then go in a different division. Don't petition and raise hell because you lose, work harder. Ok, rant over.

So USASF creates and pushes for a positive and because people have had issues in other areas, anything they do is up for ripping to shreds? I'm sorry but I'm yet to hear one negative about the CURRENT ID program, other than it's slightly time consuming if your an unorganized program. Currently, the ID program has no negatives. Now I agree, perception is reality so doing things as Rudags suggested such as using a 3rd party is a great idea. But if a 3rd party does it does that now make it a good idea? So USASF has an ID program idea and the program is good, just not if run by them? Perfect no, good idea, yes. All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due.

Boo USASF you created a World Championships and you've grown to the point where seating is an issue because it's the ONLY competition that brings in EVERYONE. You created a premier event for our industry because no one could get it right. Your program isn't perfect but your growing our sport, so thank you!

Latest posts

Back