All-Star Nca 2104

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so sad that we're still on a waiting list :/ , but I hope to still go as a spectator :)

Sorry for dumb european question:
What means you are on a waiting list? Does it mean teams are on a waiting list and if someone drops out, you can participate?

What means you are on a waiting list? Does it mean teams are on a waiting list and if someone drops out, you can participate?
Yes. As of now there are more teams wishing to attend than the event capacity/time frame will allow. The teams that did not register by a certain date were put on a waiting list. If a team drops out, those teams that are on the waiting list will be able to register. I don't recall a competition ever reaching capacity. If it has happened, it does not happen often.

Yes. As of now there are more teams wishing to attend than the event capacity/time frame will allow. The teams that did not register by a certain date were put on a waiting list. If a team drops out, those teams that are on the waiting list will be able to register. I don't recall a competition ever reaching capacity. If it has happened, it does not happen often.

Thank you! I thought it would be something like that, but since i don't know much about big competition guidelines, i wanted to ask.
I always thought you have to qualify for NCA (don't know why), but i guess i was wrong :)

Thank you! I thought it would be something like that, but since i don't know much about big competition guidelines, i wanted to ask.
I always thought you have to qualify for NCA (don't know why), but i guess i was wrong :)
I need someone to clarify this one for me. I believe years ago there were prelims and finals, so there was no guarantee you would compete both days - you had to advance to finals. I remember Justin Carrier saying they changed it to a standard two day competition because many gyms did not want to incur the expense to travel for what may only be a 1 performance competition. I do not know whether or not you had to qualify to attend the competition to begin with.

yes exactly, NCA was over booked(for lack of better terms) this year, and thats because we registered early bird! So sad:(

I need someone to clarify this one for me. I believe years ago there were prelims and finals, so there was no guarantee you would compete both days - you had to advance to finals. I remember Justin Carrier saying they changed it to a standard two day competition because many gyms did not want to incur the expense to travel for what may only be a 1 performance competition. I do not know whether or not you had to qualify to attend the competition to begin with.

You haven't had to qualify for NCA All-Star Nationals for about 15 years. About 8 years ago or so was when we switched from the 'cut for Finals' model to the 'Day 1/Day 2' model. and you are right--the motivation was that teams didn't like to travel to event with only one guaranteed day of competition. We used to hold the 'Challenge Cup' for teams that didn't advance to finals, but even the teams with the most sportsmanship in the world couldn't muster up enough genuine enthusiasm to make that venue any fun to compete in.

This is are first time going to Dallas and I am so excited. Can an experienced Dallas goer please tell me how many venues are used and basically how this comp works. Best of luck to all of you and most of all have fun:D
:D

Be ready for some crowds and some excitement as well. Last year I believe there were approximately 16,000 cheerleaders and 58,000 spectators. The arena is where the level 5 teams perform. It holds 10,000 spectators and at times you can't find a seat so plan your arena visit accordingly. Other than the arena there are four halls in the Convention Center. If I recall correctly three halls are used for performances and another hall used for warm-ups. The halls are identified as Hall A, B, C, and D. The venues are separated by levels. Wear your walking shoes because you'll walk miles. Any NCA gear that you want you need to purchase early in the weekend because they sell out fast. Make sure you get a schedule or you'll go crazy keeping track of performances. Also, any spectators buying tickets should buy them Friday night at the venue thus avoiding long time consuming lines. If driving to the venue allow yourself some time to park. Parking can be at times difficult. The DART (local transit train) stops at the Convention Center and is inexpensive to use.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You haven't had to qualify for NCA All-Star Nationals for about 15 years. About 8 years ago or so was when we switched from the 'cut for Finals' model to the 'Day 1/Day 2' model. and you are right--the motivation was that teams didn't like to travel to event with only one guaranteed day of competition. We used to hold the 'Challenge Cup' for teams that didn't advance to finals, but even the teams with the most sportsmanship in the world couldn't muster up enough genuine enthusiasm to make that venue any fun to compete in.

Hey we won the challenge cup and we were pretty proud of it!

Back