All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Whichever message it is that is being sent. There's no point.

The message that's being sent is "you're hitting your routine but your routine isn't hitting the scoresheet like you want." CSP has been in the game for years, she knows how score sheets work and she knows how to play the game. Her teams' not winning isn't NCA's fault. SE has a lot of areas that could use improvement that probably affected their score if they want to take a good hard look at themselves.

I'm tired of the whole "it's NCA's fault we didn't win" mentality that a lot of people have. Score sheets are posted online for everyone to see and use to their advantage. Learn how to use them when creating your routine and when polishing your routine for competition.

Last edited:
I don't know that anything would be changed now, BUT in my experience, most EP's have the original winner keep everything they won, and give the new winner jackets etc.
a gym my friend was with in 2012 had this happen to them. They were announced 2nd place. When they got the scoresheets, there was an error. The coaches took it to the judges and then JC and they said you are correct that is wrong, we are sorry and will waive the entry fee for your teams next year, but did not give their team jackets or trophy or anything else. That was the end of it. Yep, sorry, we made a mistake, your team really won but we aren't going to do anything about it except not make you pay to come next year.

I agree with almost all of the placements from this weekend. Looking at the routines that won you can see execution was a major part in the score along with difficulty. The teams like Panthers and TGLC had incredible execution along with the difficulty! Especially in divisions like Large Senior and Large Coed when the difficulty is almost the same across the board you almost have to rely on execution to separate the teams in my opinion. Also the fact that twitter fights are happening between people on different teams and comments are happening from parents and team member is crazy to me. You are just making your team/gym look bad. This season I have lost respect for 2 big gyms as a whole because of social media actions.

*I know some of this is old topics, but I just spent my entire business class looking at everything happening on twitter and was getting mad haha*

There have been many times i have not agreed with placements and scores but at the end of the day this sport is based off opinion. One judge might absolutely love you and another might absolutely love the other team in your division. I see no need to put things like this on social media for everyone to see.

FWIW, even if NCA was 50/50 it still would have gone Panther's SE.

My comment was in general and was not directed at anyone's performance. I personally do not like 25/75 I prefer 50/50. A .25 lead day one if your perfect is really only a .0625 lead once you factor in 25%.

I am wondering if NCA is becoming a victim of it's own success. If I am correct if you have a team competing at NCA then you cannot be a judge at NCA. With that said if you look at the number of gyms both large and small at this years comp and take those possible judges out of the loop then what's left? I know of several teams with issues on scoring in two of the halls. One hall was scoring the same number in all categories across the grid so if you were an 8 in jumps you were an 8 in everything else which based on some of teams I saw clearly was not the case.

In addition I heard they grabbed some people that had never judged any event and had them on the stand. At an event of this notoriety these things should not happen! I'm not saying this as a bitter parent whose kid didn't win and think they got shafted but as someone who was a skeptic of All Star Cheer and now see's it for the insanely competitive sport it is at all levels. As they say "the devil is in the details" and if Varsity and USASF cannot get the details sorted out they will always be playing in the shadows of the sporting community and not be given the spotlight that these athletes rightfully deserve and have earned. It's not just about one team for me but rather all of theses teams and athletes.

Now let's get back to work and start saving (us parents) for NCA 2016! Congrats to those who won and for those who didn't, I'll be cheering for you next year.

If you don't like a comp...don't go. It's not that crazy of an idea, especially if it's 1/2 way across the country (or all the way if you are talking about Cheersport or UCA for some teams/gyms). Don't get mad b/c you love a routine you've choreographed and it did well at a certain comp but not another. Also don't be mad that it won't bother a huge EP (like NCA, UCA, Cheersport, Summit, etc) if a certain gym/team decides to not go. Those comps are 3 and 4 days long and PACKED with teams. The best thing to do, IMO, is to take it up with the EP in a professional way....not be childish and post things on social media.

Regardless of how long you have been coaching or who you are, it is impossible to be objective about your own team(s). Your permanently-attached (insert team color here)-colored glasses will distort your reality. This fact has led to many angry rants over the years. (including some by me.)

I think this is the first year that I have agreed with all the results.
Nca does a great job overall.
Agreed, I was able to correctly pick all 10 (really 9, since one was a given) Worlds division winners this weekend before awards, and pretty much all top 3. That doesn't happen for me very often.

My comment was in general and was not directed at anyone's performance. I personally do not like 25/75 I prefer 50/50. A .25 lead day one if your perfect is really only a .0625 lead once you factor in 25%.

Good point.

I think the majority of the drama is due to the fact that Twitter creates a situation where instantaneous feelings are just a fingertip away from broadcast. At least if you were mad before you'd rant to your friends cool off and let it go, now you can instantaneous announced you're ill thought out rant and have others validate (or antagonize) you and fuel the fire.
The bigger the sport gets, the more I see this being a problem. I don't think in a division where the top 10 is within a point of each other where anyone is ever going to be happy with the placements. Personally I get the placements and the frustration, reminds me of Musta complaining that gymnastics gives Simone championships no matter she does.

Back