All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this probably is a real issue for many sports and hope staff has appropriate training to identify those who are truly threats and not go on a witch hunt.

In this instance it is his actions that are suspicious, and if other dads behave in an odd manner or display poor judgement I hope they are viewed suspiciously too. My husband takes my daughter to local competitions and I assure you nobody would look twice at him because of his behavior. Similarly our team has a photographer (parent volunteer) who is male and is present for teams that are not his daughter's and he is not given a second look. And honestly, are there really that many dads (or moms for that matter) that go watch comps or pretty much any youth related sport without a personal or professional reason to do so but instead are trying to meet the athletes?
If a female were displaying this exact same behavior I would be just as alarmed and would voice my concerns the exact same way as I did both here and with my children. NO adult, no matter who they are, should be contacting minors privately on social media and if they have such little regard for personal boundaries then it is cause for concern regardless of their age or gender.

I guess I'll state my opinion even though it wasn't asked for.
FIRST OFF, I want to start by saying CONGRATSSS to all the New Natty champs on boards! Hard work and dedication pays off!

Second... now I know you guys said you can't declare a mental illness solely off of social media, therefore we should keep something like that off of the boards, I'm insulted and even I find Tim a little weird. Let's not just throw terms and illnesses out there no matter what we think because it's definitely insulting.

Third. Understanding Tim may have a love for the sport, he should keep his love strictly team based. He's (IMO) a little too old to be wanting pics w teenagers. Then again... think of as a "celebrity-fan" type of thing. But in a sport where we're not as famous and have half naked woman, he should've thought "maybeeeeee I should chill out". My love for cheerleading will not die anytime soon but when I turn 40, I will not be going to NCA by myself.

The little "game" he set up for NCA how people had to find athletes and take pictures w them, I found that to be odd and very rude. During a stressful weekend, I don't want random kids running up to me asking for pics for a game. Fan pics? Cool, splendid. A game? No. wether they agreed or not, it still.. shouldn't.. have.. been... proposed.
Not defending Tim (but I'm low key defending) because I find him a little odd but you guys should definitely not be throwing terms at him when you don't know him to even speak. Everyone has an opinion but it's how you state it.

If a female were displaying this exact same behavior I would be just as alarmed and would voice my concerns the exact same way as I did both here and with my children. NO adult, no matter who they are, should be contacting minors privately on social media and if they have such little regard for personal boundaries then it is cause for concern regardless of their age or gender.
Of course, I agree with you 100%. My response mentioning males only was in response to Sparkle Mom's concern that involved cheer dads are often viewed suspiciously. Agree anyone behaving that way should be viewed suspiciously...

I guess I'll state my opinion even though it wasn't asked for.
FIRST OFF, I want to start by saying CONGRATSSS to all the New Natty champs on boards! Hard work and dedication pays off!

Second... now I know you guys said you can't declare a mental illness solely off of social media, therefore we should keep something like that off of the boards, I'm insulted and even I find Tim a little weird. Let's not just throw terms and illnesses out there no matter what we think because it's definitely insulting.

Third. Understanding Tim may have a love for the sport, he should keep his love strictly team based. He's (IMO) a little too old to be wanting pics w teenagers. Then again... think of as a "celebrity-fan" type of thing. But in a sport where we're not as famous and have half naked woman, he should've thought "maybeeeeee I should chill out". My love for cheerleading will not die anytime soon but when I turn 40, I will not be going to NCA by myself.

The little "game" he set up for NCA how people had to find athletes and take pictures w them, I found that to be odd and very rude. During a stressful weekend, I don't want random kids running up to me asking for pics for a game. Fan pics? Cool, splendid. A game? No. wether they agreed or not, it still.. shouldn't.. have.. been... proposed.
Not defending Tim (but I'm low key defending) because I find him a little odd but you guys should definitely not be throwing terms at him when you don't know him to even speak. Everyone has an opinion but it's how you state it.

I get what you are saying and agree with you in some ways. But I have one serious problem. He's an adult in his 40's collecting undergarments (sorry, but that's what sports bras are) of underage girls between the ages of 13 to 18 and is proud of his collection. As a parent, that is not ok and there is zero justification for it. None. You can't rationalize that.

I apologize. I am obviously not a doctor, it was not meant as a diagnosis. I paid attention to his social media after he messaged my 13 year old on Twitter. I replied to his message and let him know my CP was not allowed to message with adults. He was nice and respected my wishes. It does sadden me to think of someone with possible neurological issues to be mistaken for a sexual predator. It was meant as maybe he needs and would benefit from help. Again apologize and will remove myself from the conversation.

I get what you are saying and agree with you in some ways. But I have one serious problem. He's an adult in his 40's collecting undergarments (sorry, but that's what sports bras are) of underage girls between the ages of 13 to 18 and is proud of his collection. As a parent, that is not ok and there is zero justification for it. None. You can't rationalize that.
Oh I didn't bring up that part simply because there was no justification for it, I find that as weird as the next guy

I apologize. I am obviously not a doctor, it was not meant as a diagnosis. I paid attention to his social media after he messaged my 13 year old on Twitter. I replied to his message and let him know my CP was not allowed to message with adults. He was nice and respected my wishes. It does sadden me to think of someone with possible neurological issues to be mistaken for a sexual predator. It was meant as maybe he needs and would benefit from help. Again apologize and will remove myself from the conversation.

Do not apologize for being a watchful parent. It is your job as a parent to keep your eyes open for people who may be a threat to your child. It is your job to screen. He has behavior that throws up red flags. Do not apologize for warning other parents so they can protect their children. Do not apologize for warning other kids. I am all about being kind and not judging others, but when there is behavior that can threaten the safety of a child/teen, you do not need to worry about hurting feelings or offending.

Do not apologize for being a watchful parent. It is your job as a parent to keep your eyes open for people who may be a threat to your child. It is your job to screen. He has behavior that throws up red flags. Do not apologize for warning other parents so they can protect their children. Do not apologize for warning other kids. I am all about being kind and not judging others, but when there is behavior that can threaten the safety of a child/teen, you do not need to worry about hurting feelings or offending.

Agreed. You've done nothing to apologize for. I'm a watchful mama too, and my daughter's friends pick on her for it. Do I look like I care? Nope.

Back