Needing A Distraction.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2012
Hey everyone,

So I had tryouts the last two days, and now I'm freaking out 'cause rosters will be posted sometime tomorrow. I haven't slept since day one ended, with the exception of passing out for about an hour before tryouts yesterday.

I've been so stressed about this, its my first year going for a Worlds team, and there was over 150 people at tryouts with more video submissions as well. Does anyone have any advice for keeping calm and dealing with the wait/seeing results? I've never been this nervous in my life, and this is the first year I haven't not known which team I'd make (with the exception of my very first year.) I just don't want to make a lower team, especially when I know that given the chance anything that I'm lacking can be gained easily over the next couple months of spring camp.

If you have any advice or such, I would be super grateful.
Thanks so much!

Hang-in there Lily! Take a deep breath and just let all that worry go, you're going to be just fine.
Wow, 150 plus athletes is a lot! If you don't mind me asking what's going to happen to those who don't make the team?

Hang-in there Lily! Take a deep breath and just let all that worry go, you're going to be just fine.
Wow, 150 plus athletes is a lot! If you don't mind me asking what's going to happen to those who don't make the team?
Thanks. I'm not normally phased by much, but I had a couple less awesome moments & things have been hard to get out of my head since. I've put so much extra time in this year, its so hard to think that it might have been for nothing. :( And there I go being a downer.

They've decided to create an extra two teams, but neither of them is the same level as what I tried out for though. I guess we'll see what happens, I just wish I could fast-forward to results now. :sharkchase: (I'm coming for you results, haha.)

I love hearing that your club is going to expand to accommodate more athletes. I'm sure you'll do amazing this year. And for now just read a book, drink some tea, listen to an audio-book. Find something that will bring you joy in this moment and that can take your mind off results. You've got this!

@lovely.lily Good luck! I know it's easier said than done, but sometimes you have to imagine yourself in every possible scenario.
So, you make a Worlds team. Ok. Then what? The work isn't over. In fact, it's just begun.
Or, you don't make a Worlds team. Ok. The work still isn't over. You train like you're on one. You push and dedicate and commit.
Either way you go, it's about your level of dedication and how hard you choose to work. The only difference? The name of your team.

@lovely.lily Good luck! I know it's easier said than done, but sometimes you have to imagine yourself in every possible scenario.
So, you make a Worlds team. Ok. Then what? The work isn't over. In fact, it's just begun.
Or, you don't make a Worlds team. Ok. The work still isn't over. You train like you're on one. You push and dedicate and commit.
Either way you go, it's about your level of dedication and how hard you choose to work. The only difference? The name of your team.
And things are never absolute. There is always a lot of movement amongst the teams throughout the summer. So, worst case scenario and you don't make the Worlds team. Don't give up, continue to fight for a spot on that team working harder than ever. Hard work and talent gets recognized. Just keep working hard so that you're prepared for the opportunity when it comes your way.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I didn't make the Worlds team, and unfortunately because of the range of talent this year, they've decided to abolish the level I should be at. :( I've been placed two levels down and they've changed tumbling to a .2, so I'm way over maxing out but atm that's okay. I'm determined to keep working hard. It's only been a week but I've already got 5 new skills, so fingers crossed that I continue progressing. :) Here's to Worlds 2015!

Back