OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone who messaged me - I'll get to you, I promise. I'm at a cheer comp this weekend without my laptop.

Going through old clothes and looking to get rid of old cheer t-shirts. I don't want money for them I just want to get them out of my closet. I have a lot of World Cup, some rays, and a really old f5 tshirt. All are mostly adult small. Let me know if you know of anyone interested!

Going through old clothes and looking to get rid of old cheer t-shirts. I don't want money for them I just want to get them out of my closet. I have a lot of World Cup, some rays, and a really old f5 tshirt. All are mostly adult small. Let me know if you know of anyone interested!

I'm interested!

Sent you a PM!

Did anyone watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix?? I read the book and I LOVE what they did for the adaption. Totally worth watching.

Did anyone watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix?? I read the book and I LOVE what they did for the adaption. Totally worth watching.

I signed up to Netflix just to watch it and although I found the book a bit hard to get into at first, I'm really enjoying the series (and Dylan Minnette playing Clay:cloud9:).

Last edited:

I finally got around to starting it last night (NCAA Tournament Problems) but I fell asleep 20 mins into episode one. I'm going to give it a try again today before the women's championship game

I read the book a long time ago for a YALit class in grad school and fully intended to reread prior to the Netflix release but never did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG IM OBSESSED. not quite done but sooo addicted

I finished last night. I made it through without crying

I signed up to Netflix just to watch it and although I found the book a bit hard to get into at first, I'm really enjoying the series (and Dylan Minnette playing Clay:cloud9:).

The book is a tough read for sure and the show is a little hard to settle into as well, but once you do it's sooo good.

I finally got around to starting it last night (NCAA Tournament Problems) but I fell asleep 20 mins into episode one. I'm going to give it a try again today before the women's championship game

I read the book a long time ago for a YALit class in grad school and fully intended to reread prior to the Netflix release but never did

I read when it was really popular when I was in middle school. I'm so lucky my MS was super liberal and had like 2 copies that we kept in rotation. The show changes from the book but in the best way possible

I finished last night. I made it through without crying

The book is a tough read for sure and the show is a little hard to settle into as well, but once you do it's sooo good.

I read when it was really popular when I was in middle school. I'm so lucky my MS was super liberal and had like 2 copies that we kept in rotation. The show changes from the book but in the best way possible

(Middle school librarian here) I have 1 copy that I added to our collection last fall when I started because the librarians before me wouldn't order it. I don't let every child check it out. It's not for most MSers in my professional opinion. I'm one of the few middle schools in our district that has it it in or collection.

It was less than 2 years old when I read it for grad school and was being a "challenged" by a lot schools (never formally because nobody wants to go thru all that ish). I'd love to read what early/mid 20s Erin wrote about it, and whether I'd add it to a collection...but I'm sure that assignment is long gone.

(Middle school librarian here) I have 1 copy that I added to our collection last fall when I started because the librarians before me wouldn't order it. I don't let every child check it out. It's not for most MSers in my professional opinion. I'm one of the few middle schools in our district that has it it in or collection.

It was less than 2 years old when I read it for grad school and was being a "challenged" by a lot schools (never formally because nobody wants to go thru all that ish). I'd love to read what early/mid 20s Erin wrote about it, and whether I'd add it to a collection...but I'm sure that assignment is long gone.

I remembered you were a librarian so I am interested in your opinion. I love reading, and because I was adavanced in it, I was always reading books that were probably a little older for me. I mean I was recommended to read the 9th grade reading list when I was in elementary school.

So I've read a lot of YA in my preteens/early teens. I think the kids reading it were the ones who could handle it. This book was pretty heavy but it was also when I was struggling with bullying and it was almost therapeutic for me then.

I remembered you were a librarian so I am interested in your opinion. I love reading, and because I was adavanced in it, I was always reading books that were probably a little older for me. I mean I was recommended to read the 9th grade reading list when I was in elementary school.

So I've read a lot of YA in my preteens/early teens. I think the kids reading it were the ones who could handle it. This book was pretty heavy but it was also when I was struggling with bullying and it was almost therapeutic for me then.

Content and Reading Levels are two different things. I don't have a problem with some of our kids reading a book like Thirteen Reasons Why because it's written on a level they can understand (like a 3.9......so end of third grade) but the content is my concern. A lot of my students have hard lives and deal with real issues so they gravitate toward sadder YA books.

Meanwhile my 6th grade niece reads on a 12.9+ reading level, but I personally would never give her 13 Reasons Why to read (as a suggestion, she could go pick it out herself and that's fine) simply because she's very naive, innocent, sheltered etc and her life hasn't really taken her that way (superficially, because I find most YA books to encompass surface, superficial sadness tbh).....but on the other hand my niece is very much interested in social justice so I am giving her The Hate You Give and How It Went Down to read. Heavy books but in a different way.

It's interesting because most YA books are just heavy issue content books written at really low reading levels to draw teen readers in. I have to keep explaining that to my ELA teachers because they're so adamant that a kid needs to read at a level they test at

Back