OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The Bump? The drama I've seen on there is unreal sometimes!
no im a member of weddingbee.com
i try and take it with a grain of salt. Ive gotten great advice about a lot of things, but some people act like they have PhD's when it comes to certain subjects. And that their advice is the holy grail of holiness.

no im a member of weddingbee.com
i try and take it with a grain of salt. Ive gotten great advice about a lot of things, but some people act like they have PhD's when it comes to certain subjects. And that their advice is the holy grail of holiness.
Once you have kids, you should join CafeMom. It won't disappoint in the drama department. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

try joining a wedding/TTC (trying to conceive) board. Nothing's worse then a bunch of hormonal/emotional women trying to give each other advice.

There weren't any wedding boards when I got married but a few years later when we were ttc, I was on a huge ttc board and there was actually very little drama. There was a 'debate' sub so that's where the people who were looking for drama hung out.
When my children were born and I transitioned to a few parenting boards.... that's when all hell broke loose. Lots of judgement and drama on every board I found so abandoned the internet for parenting stuff and I joined a local moms club. That was a big mistake. Just because you live in the same zip code and procreated at the same time does not mean that you have anything else in common.

There weren't any wedding boards when I got married but a few years later when we were ttc, I was on a huge ttc board and there was actually very little drama. There was a 'debate' sub so that's where the people who were looking for drama hung out.
When my children were born and I transitioned to a few parenting boards.... that's when all hell broke loose. Lots of judgement and drama on every board I found so abandoned the internet for parenting stuff and I joined a local moms club. That was a big mistake. Just because you live in the same zip code and procreated at the same time does not mean that you have anything else in common.

That's so funny because I joined a huge message board when I was pregnant and all the local ladies are some of my best friends! We all vacation together once a year, and I get together with them a bunch. We just spent a weekend at the lake with one of the families a few weeks ago. I think I just got lucky though and they are all amazing, no weirdos or crazies.

Has anyone ever seen a dollstagram? I saw a post about tiff_thebarbie on the other FB and looked it up and got sucked in lol. It's an Instagram for a Barbie and her Barbie family. Kinda weird but kinda interesting.

Not cheer related but could everyone on here please keep one of my teammates, her friends, and her senior class in your thoughts and prayers, as they have lost two classmates to a car wreck. There where also two others in the car who lost there lives as well, so please pray for there families and friends as well.
So sorry. Sending prayers. Heartbreaking.

It's forest fire season, and I hate it. There's over 500 fires burning in my province, with roughly 250 of them thought to be started by humans. So far I think only one city has had to be evacuated, which is good.

Don't be that person who ignores a campfire ban or throws a still burning cigarette onto some grass. It doesn't usually end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. I'm reminded of how annoyed I get at the end of every episode of AYAOTD because the kids barely pour enough water onto the fire to extinguish it... and people like that exist in real life.

Has anyone ever seen a dollstagram? I saw a post about tiff_thebarbie on the other FB and looked it up and got sucked in lol. It's an Instagram for a Barbie and her Barbie family. Kinda weird but kinda interesting.

Imagine how funny it would be to see dolls fighting on Instagram, if that were ever a thing.

It's forest fire season, and I hate it. There's over 500 fires burning in my province, with roughly 250 of them thought to be started by humans. So far I think only one city has had to be evacuated, which is good.

Don't be that person who ignores a campfire ban or throws a still burning cigarette onto some grass. It doesn't usually end well.

Its so bad. My dad did decades of forest fire work in Manitoba before he retired. His big line when we were kids was "there's idiots with matches out there, and its my job to clean up after their dumb a$$es". Hopefully you guys can get some rain and have that help out. It always makes the air so gross. People don't think which is aggravating. Oh, I'll just toss this burning object into a forest, made of wood and other highly combustible items and it'll be fine. SMH

Anyone have fun/unique (winter friendly) bachelorette party ideas? I'm MOH for my sister's wedding in December and I've never been in a wedding/to a bachelorette party before. I know nothing. Preferably things we can do if there are people who aren't 21 (i.e. me myself and I) in the daytime/evening before the 21 year olds go have fun and I probably get to DD :)

Anyone have fun/unique (winter friendly) bachelorette party ideas? I'm MOH for my sister's wedding in December and I've never been in a wedding/to a bachelorette party before. I know nothing. Preferably things we can do if there are people who aren't 21 (i.e. me myself and I) in the daytime/evening before the 21 year olds go have fun and I probably get to DD :)

Mine was in the summer so most of it wasn't winter friendly, but we dressed in 80s style and walked around our downtown area. I think we did a picture scavenger hunt? And then we went to The Melting Pot.

Not really "fun/unique" but for my sister's, everyone was 21 but 2 were pregnant, so we had a later dinner at The Melting Pot with all the girls, as well as moms, aunts, whoever my sister wanted there/wanted to come, and then the non-partiers had a car take them back home. It was a good compromise to still involve everyone and make them all feel included.

As far as the fun stuff, I think it'll depend quite a bit on what town/city you'll be in.

My bachelorette was not unique and everything you would expect, BUT I've seen tons of great ideas lately.

Do you have a wine and paint night type place anywhere? That's fun for both drinkers and non, plus you get something to bring home. You can do private ones as well depending on the group size.

Someone I know did a pole dancing/aerial silks class, which looked REALLY fun.

For a bridal shower for a friend, we had a chef come in and do a cooking lesson which sounds old lady but really was a blast.

One of my friends did a really small party at the lake... We spent the weekend on the boat just hanging out, tubing, etc and it was really fun and relaxing. I know you said wedding in December, but you could do the party earlier and weather might work depending on where you live. Maybe a cabin, ski weekend type thing?

Where's the bachelorette party going to be?

Where's the bachelorette party going to be?

Either St Louis or Columbia MO most likely - though we could do KC or lake of the ozarks... basically Missouri area. Floated the Chicago idea around but I think we decided against it bc of $$ (everyone else involved just graduated college in May so they don't exactly have a ton of $$ saved up)

Back