New Team Coach-help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2012
Hi! I am a newbie, and I have taken over a youth team, ages 4-5th grade. I am purchasing new uniforms for them, and am wondering how much these teams usually charge. I am also a dance teacher and charge $40/month for that. In the past, this cheer team has charged $40/month, plus a one-time uniform fee of $50. But over the years, they have lost uniforms because there has been no accountability or penalty for not returning them. I am wanting to do a uniform fee, but also maybe a deposit? I am in a very small town. any suggestions?

We have the parents post-date a check for the end of the season, if they return the uniform (ontime, cleaned, and not ruined) they get the check back, if they do not we cash the check. The girls are required to purchase the spankies, shoes, and crop top.

We charge $150 on a post dated check for the safe return of the uniform. At registration parents sign a form saying they are responsible for the return of the uniform and will be responsible for all travel expenses incurred should their child attend the national/state competitions.

We are a rec league and try to keep costs down. Our registration is somewhere in the $125s for a four month season. We also have a $100 squad fee that will cover four comps, a t-shirt for homecoming, two hairbows, and a end of season/pre-state party. State and nationals both cost more.

Aside from that Shoes, Spanks & crops are all on the cheerleader and they must order from our approved vendor.

I've been doing a lot of uniform searching lately for a school musical, and I can tell you that you're not going to get anything special for $50. I would see if parents would be OK with upping to to $75 to be able to get something a little bit nicer/more unique

When I used to be on a rec team we rented our uniforms. Payed like $60 (?) for skirt, shell & warm up pants. If an item wasn't returned you had to pay the cost of getting a new one. Everyone had to purchase their own bodysuit, shoes, briefs, bow and warm up jacket. Those items you got to keep.

Back