All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's hair is so thin and difficult to do and since I am deployed overseas all cheer season, it's left to antoher mom to try to deal with her thin hair.

Thank you so much for your service! I have two family members on deployment right now, but neither have kids. As a mom, I can't imagine how tough this must be for you. Please know that the sacrifice you and your family have made for our country is greatly appreciated. I wish there were words enough to thank you, but there aren't.

I think if more people used the idea of leos with skirts on top for younger teams, it would take off. I'm not a huge fan of crop tops on youth and under, especially a uni like TGs (which tend to tinker on the more..risque?ish side of athleticism when it comes to unis). But darn it that child is ADORABLE. So tiny and fierce..EEK.

I think if more people used the idea of leos with skirts on top for younger teams, it would take off. I'm not a huge fan of crop tops on youth and under, especially a uni like TGs (which tend to tinker on the more..risque?ish side of athleticism when it comes to unis). But darn it that child is ADORABLE. So tiny and fierce..EEK.

I think the only way this would really work well is if the skirts had the attached bloomers underneath. Skirts slide around as it is, and I can imagine that would happen even more if the skirt had a nice slick leo under it.

I think the only way this would really work well is if the skirts had the attached bloomers underneath. Skirts slide around as it is, and I can imagine that would happen even more if the skirt had a nice slick leo under it.
We have done this for dance team for little ones before. The skirts with attached bloomers work really well, and you don't have to worry about tops riding up. I prefer skirts with attached bloomers all around becuase of the sliding issue. CP's school cheer uni has seperate skirt and bloomers and I always pin the two together to keep it from twisting becuase otherwise it is all over the place.

you can get short-like leotards, which I think would work underneath a skirt.

The thing I don't understand is how it isn't appropriate for a youth or mini team to wear a crop top but it is fine for a junior or senior team to wear it? They are still minors so shouldn't they be just as covered up as a youth athlete?

I someone else say, many of the uniform companies seem to make full tops for kids look too big and baggy which looks awful. I would rather see a mini in a crop top then a uniform that looks like a potatoe sack.

I think that the Top Gun uniform made the top long enough that it works for the little ones without being too risque and the shorts are a lot longer then many other gyms who have shorts. They make two piece swim suits for little kids and I see them all the time at the beach or at a pool so if a parent allows them to wear those in public I don't see the issue with a crop top that covers just as much if not more.

I someone else say, many of the uniform companies seem to make full tops for kids look too big and baggy which looks awful. I would rather see a mini in a crop top then a uniform that looks like a potatoe sack..

Yes. I have yet to see one full-length youth top on this thread that does not look awful.

I still really like the idea of cheer dresses like MD Marlins did a couple seasons ago. They were very age-appropriate and looked very athletic on the girls.

The thing I don't understand is how it isn't appropriate for a youth or mini team to wear a crop top but it is fine for a junior or senior team to wear it? They are still minors so shouldn't they be just as covered up as a youth athlete?

To me, it goes beyond the fact that they are all "minors" (which is untrue, many kids on senior teams are 18 and older due to the fact that they can super-senior, too). Quite honestly, I really don't see how crop tops are even necessary for ANY all star cheerleader. I guess one could argue tight crop tops aid the higher level kids in catching/performing harder skills, but there are many successful programs and level 5 teams who wear full tops and fare just fine. People always say how all stars isn't taken seriously, but one look at TG's worlds unis from last year and it's hard to refute their claim.
BUT that's a different argument for a different day.
Any way, the sexualization of children has become quite an issue, and I don't feel as if it needs to become one in all stars. As an outsider looking in, I can see how (and agree that) crop tops on little kids are inappropriate. Tiny and Mini teams aren't throwing fulls, they're not doubling out of stunts, or performing a routine so difficult that they're sweating profusely and can't bear to be in a full top. Call me conservative, but I really don't like that new TG uni on that little girl. Yes, she's fierce and such a doll, but I really just feel that skimpy uniforms on young children are not appropriate.
rant overrrr.

I don't think the little mini girl in the Top Gun uniform is wearing anything worse than most dance costumes these days. I was skeptical at first of how the TG uni would look on the younger members of the gym, but it's definitely not at all scandalous like I thought it was going to be. The pigtails probably help too. (Can we make it a rule that every mini/tiny has to have pigtails? Too cute.) It definitely could have been a lot worse, and I think it looks fine.

at UC we had a leotard with a skirt and attached bloomers. it is to this day my favorite uniform i have worn besides tg coed worlds uni. it was extremely comfortable and looked good on all of our athletes. it was just bad when we had to go to the bathroom, LOL

kbrtdf.jpg
[/IMG]

at UC we had a leotard with a skirt and attached bloomers. it is to this day my favorite uniform i have worn besides tg coed worlds uni. it was extremely comfortable and looked good on all of our athletes. it was just bad when we had to go to the bathroom, LOL

I have an instant mental picture of my four year old doing a major pee pee dance while I am trying to tear her uniform off of her, all while trying so hard to not let one scrap of fabric touch that dingy public restroom floor :) And yes, I would be the mom everyone giggles at cause you hear me through the walls saying "hold it, please just hold it like a big girl! One more moment, I promise" #cheermomproblems

Back