All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some of y'all act like you're signing up for witchcraft. All they're asking is for you to hand wash a uniform you'll wear every other weekend.

ETA: Before you chastise me for this. I'm a BOY we, on average, smell worse than girls. IDK about Varsity or Rebel uniform but the minute I got back to my hotel room, I would wash my uniform in the sink with baby wash formula (the laundry detergent you use to wash baby clothes) give it a good rub, especially in the arm pit and lower back area, ring it out, and then hang it out to dry. If it's not dry the next morning. Blow dry it with a hair dryer on cool. If you really can't wait, use it on warm. It's not like people are asking you to go to extreme lengths. You are at this city for a COMPETITION. NOT A VACATION. I've noticed a lot of the people who think cleaning their child's uniforms this way is too much. But guess what, you're not here for a vacation, you're here for a CHEERLEADING COMPETITION. So when you decide to disregard the cleaning instructions and your uniform falls apart because mom & dad wanted to go out and "explore the city", it's not the uniform companies fault, its the parents. As a boy, I've competed a VERY competitive level five routine, two days in a row, without cleaning it.

Last edited:
Yes, I can not do that to my CP. It's not her own rhinestones, it's her bases rhinestones. I wouldn't put anything on her to make her possibly be slippery. She won't even put lotion on her legs the morning of a competition. She gets the most scratches (small cuts that are bleeding when she comes off the floor) on the small of her back.
Oops, reading comprehension apparently isn't my strong suit these days. Sorry, I thought it was under her uniform.

Some of y'all act like you're signing up for witchcraft. All they're asking is for you to hand wash a uniform you'll wear every other weekend.

ETA: Before you chastise me for this. I'm a BOY we, on average, smell worse than girls. IDK about Varsity or Rebel uniform but the minute I got back to my hotel room, I would wash my uniform in the sink with baby wash formula (the laundry detergent you use to wash baby clothes) give it a good rub, especially in the arm pit and lower back area, ring it out, and then hang it out to dry. If it's not dry the next morning. Blow dry it with a hair dryer on cool. If you really can't wait, use it on warm. It's not like people are asking you to go to extreme lengths. You are at this city for a COMPETITION. NOT A VACATION. I've noticed a lot of the people who think cleaning their child's uniforms this way is too much. But guess what, you're not here for a vacation, you're here for a CHEERLEADING COMPETITION. So when you decide to disregard the cleaning instructions and your uniform falls apart because mom & dad wanted to go out and "explore the city", it's not the uniform companies fault, its the parents. As a boy, I've competed a VERY competitive level five routine, two days in a row, without cleaning it.

I 100% agree with you, but what is this in reference to? Where did people say they do not want to wash uniforms? (I'm pretty sure I've read this entire thread, but I could totally have missed it. But like I said, I agree! It's really not that difficult!)

I 100% agree with you, but what is this in reference to? Where did people say they do not want to wash uniforms? (I'm pretty sure I've read this entire thread, but I could totally have missed it. But like I said, I agree! It's really not that difficult!)

He has a habit of replying to posts without finishing the thread, so his comments seem to appear out of nowhere in relation to something that was talked about who knows how long ago. I maybe remember 1 or 2 posts about how delicate the mesh is when washing, but that was pages and pages ago.

I don't wash my uniform on Saturday nights and I usually just throw it in the wash on a normal setting and hang it to dry. I'm not going to hand wash a piece of athletic wear.

Last edited:
have you tried putting a piece or two of athletic/medical tape on the area? a lot of them have a rough texture so she wouldn't be slippery (most even come in light beige so it wouldn't stick out or be too obvious.) at least she would have a line of defense against the stones. crazy that this is what the industry has come to, but worth a shot so she doesn't get cut!

You must've missed the sequin uniform era then... uncomfortable on the inside AND out!! Scratches everywhere!

It's pretty sad that this is considered an acceptable solution.
Maybe but I guess I'm used to it. She's very sensitive and we use this for many different types of clothing. Plus, I have a pair of shoes that I love but they kill my heels. I put a barrier between my shoes and heels. So, it didn't seem odd to do that with her uniform.

Premier Athletics new uniform
29wu1wj.jpg

sfyvl0.jpg

Not sure what the shorts up to the belly button are about, but haven't they always had more collegiate style uniforms? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Eta: oh it's a full top. I didn't realize that was mesh. :/
Just saw a picture on Instagram. It looks like they have decided to go with a solid navy blue stomach for the full tops. Thank goodness! It looks 900 times better!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Maybe but I guess I'm used to it. She's very sensitive and we use this for many different types of clothing. Plus, I have a pair of shoes that I love but they kill my heels. I put a barrier between my shoes and heels. So, it didn't seem odd to do that with her uniform.
Oh I didn't mean sad that you have to do it. More that it's sad that our kids have to wear uniforms that result in these issues.
When I trained for and ran in a marathon years ago I used a body glide anti-chafing product because my sports bra chafed after an hour or so. If I couldn't get through 2 minutes and 30 seconds with that clothing, I wouldn't want to wear it. Ever.

Look at that, another state outline! Haha but I do really like the CIA top. I'm interested to see the bottom
I like the top itself but not the logo. It just looked to messy for me so I didn't even bother trying to decipher what it was. It just looked like a blob and will on the floor but the top itself is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back