All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's really no more expensive than other travel sports.
Travel soccer uniform $150-two kits (home and away) and warmups
Cheer uniform $495, practice wear $80, day 2 uniform TBD
Travel soccer travel - 300 mile radius, no plane tix, hotels under $150/night stay to play
Cheer travel- plane tix to Dallas, LA, FL, IL, ATL hotels $150-$229/night stay to play

It's a little more expensive...

It's not a gradient effect, it's the angles at which they're standing in the pictures, the top and bottom are the same colour
Hmm. That's odd. In both pictures it looks like there is some type of gradient, it just looked more harsh in the second picture I saw. The sleeves seem to match the bottoms blue more than the top.
Here's the picture I'm talking about
9833469cf397347f602243f62f81a6ee.jpg

Hmm. That's odd. In both pictures it looks like there is some type of gradient, it just looked more harsh in the second picture I saw. The sleeves seem to match the bottoms blue more than the top.
Here's the picture I'm talking about
9833469cf397347f602243f62f81a6ee.jpg

Nope I can guarantee that they are the same colour after seeing it in person

Well in that case, it's going to bother me that the sleeves are more of a powder blue versus the aqua blue(I can't think of the right word for it) of the rest of the uniform. The sleeves are my favorite part though, they're beautiful.

ETA: I'll reserve any further opinion until we see them as a group under the lights. Maybe it will change my mind on the coloring!

Nope I can guarantee that they are the same colour after seeing it in person
Great - can't wait to see it in person! Since the gym voluntarily posted pictures publicly, we are basing our comments off of that since that is all we can see. If the athletes love the uniform, that should be all that matters, but if you post something publicly it is going to get commented on and you should take the positive with the negative gracefully.
Sheesh.

Travel soccer travel - 300 mile radius, no plane tix, hotels under $150/night stay to play
Cheer travel- plane tix to Dallas, LA, FL, IL, ATL hotels $150-$229/night stay to play

My son plays baseball. We pay $3000 a year (which is midrange in our area for a year of select baseball) PLUS equipment (bats $300, gloves at least $200+ and my kid is a catcher/infielder and needs 2 new gloves every 2ish years, etc). Travel is less, because there are many more opportunities to play competitively locally.

Anyway, I'm just glad we're talking about Ice Queen unis, because I'll get to see them during the season...unlike most that get posted. ;)

Id be curious to know what some of the ice queens have said to the negative comments as well as their opinions on the uniform I find it hard to believe that any would send very angry messages to people because obviously that would look bad on their part

Must be regional because a good friend has the following:
Travel soccer: uniform $200, warmup $175, cleats $75. Practice wear two sets @50 each. Conditioning $125 per month. Agility training $80 per month. Travel: non local includes overnights in 4 states including a 4 day tournament.

My friend who is a hockey dad doesn't even want to add up costs.

Additionally our gym only has one comp per year that includes a flight. So, not really more expensive necessarily. It really depends on the program.

It makes me wonder what the purpose of a custom uniform is, if a bunch of gyms are going to order the same thing.

Did it say they were custom? Maybe this is a catalog uniform, it's a great style so I can't say I'd be surprised if multiple programs used this uniform template. I can see where the amount of bling you put on a uniform and other added touches like the logo on the side of the shorts could be where custom changes are added.

Back