All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just want some thoughts please,

We are getting a new uniform this season which unfortunately I can't reveal as we are wanting to reveal at our first comp in January but as an athlete I don't like it, myself and a couple of team members have made this known to my coaches,

Additionally (without giving too much away) there is absolutely no way to wear a bra with it, being a DD I'm seriously concerned about this, a couple of the mums have brought this concern up with the coaches but they just said that we have to move with the times and that other teams make it work for 2.5mins [emoji53]

What do people think about this and any advice what to do? I have to order and pay for it by tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would recommend going to a dance store and checking out the bras they have there. My local store usually has more bra options than any other athletic store since dance costumes are rarely sports bra ready. I found a comfortable solution for myself and I'm pretty well endowed lol.

Team Illinois saves the day

LJduDCY.jpg

LOVE!!!!!

I would recommend going to a dance store and checking out the bras they have there. My local store usually has more bra options than any other athletic store since dance costumes are rarely sports bra ready. I found a comfortable solution for myself and I'm pretty well endowed lol.
That was what several of our girls did. I guess some are clear backs. For my CP who is not as endowed I am actually going to look into having cups sewn into the front portion.

Just want some thoughts please,

We are getting a new uniform this season which unfortunately I can't reveal as we are wanting to reveal at our first comp in January but as an athlete I don't like it, myself and a couple of team members have made this known to my coaches,

Additionally (without giving too much away) there is absolutely no way to wear a bra with it, being a DD I'm seriously concerned about this, a couple of the mums have brought this concern up with the coaches but they just said that we have to move with the times and that other teams make it work for 2.5mins [emoji53]

What do people think about this and any advice what to do? I have to order and pay for it by tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a question do you really not like them at all or just troubled by the back design? We never even saw ours until we got them last week before our first comp. my biggest fear was we weren't going to like them. Luckily they are beautiful and a normal collar; and some back cutout. But because everyone loves them - everyone is. Dealing with the bra situation

Trust me on this one - have them wear a black sports bra. You CANNOT see them when they're on the stage, and if they're all wearing the same thing, it will look like a part of the uniform. Seriously. Do the normal sports bra and make it part of the uniform. (ETA - I've seen the uniform design which is why I specifically suggested black, in case anyone was wondering ;) )
I told you...it goes against my OCD. The judges might not be able to see it, but I can! LOL

Rant incoming... This has been on my mind for a long time but I've been catching up on the new uniforms and finally feel the need to say it.
I'd be interested to see the long term effects that lack of proper support has on girls going through puberty. It seems we know (and apparently choose to ignore) that high intensity physical activity without the right bra can lead to tissue damage/tearing/etc for girls that are fully physically mature. But what about the little girls who are um, developing? I've spent a lot of time around junior teams and you see all shapes and sizes when it comes to body types. One ten year old and another ten year old could be on /very/ different levels in the puberty department. When I see comments like "deal with it" or "get with the times" I genuinely feel nauseous. I feel like USASF should make a class on the subject presented by real doctors and mandate that coaches take it to get certified, because everyone's ignorance is dangerous. The "bra brigade" comes across as a fun joke sometimes but I think I speak for all of us card holders when I say that this is no longer cute or funny. It is dangerous and could permanently hurt our kids and we wouldn't even know until it was too late.
If I were placed in a situation where I was told to wear a backless uniform of some sort, you can bet I'd roll up in a proper bra and not care whether or not it showed. For all the dangerous things we do in cheer, the biggest safety concerns shouldn't be our freaking bras (or lack thereof).
ETA I'd like to add that I don't blame uniform companies/designers for any of my disappointment. I understand business and I understand that you aren't just going to tell a customer "no". I fully blame coaches/gym owners and to a lesser extent parents for not standing up to them.

If you are above a C cup I would LOVE to know what you bought. My 12 year old is well on her way there and so far I have seen nothing that will work for anyone bigger than a small C. There are clear backs and clear straps out there that claim to be "Dance bras" but they don't really offer anything it the way of support, especially through a 4 plus hour performance or a day of cheer.

This bra thing is ridiculous. My mom is a DD in normal sizing (no VS bras for her) and she tried running when she was younger. This is the bra she wore. Bitly URL Shortener & Link Management Platform

I'd like to see anyone try to build that type of support into these "sports bra uniform tops" with straps in all the wrong places.

@caitlyn_the_camille You make a good point in that gyms should understand the potential problems that some people are going to have to deal with later. In other sports, uniforms/athletic wear has been tailored to the sport itself to ensure the best performance of the athlete. Look at swim suits- they're made to glide through the water and promote speed. Even though cheer has an appearance aspect, the uniform should promote performance first and appearance second.

Something tells me that I shouldn't like this neckline, and yet here I am. If only the teal on the full top weren't rounded.

ETA: nope, changed my mind. I still like it even with the rounded lines.

See I'm the opposite, I don't like the neckline here. I haven't minded on some styles, but something about the choker/mesh seems off on this uniform. The rest is very pretty though.

Last edited:
Back